About The Position
The Wine Club Manager (WCM) is responsible for managing and growing the wine club program for their assigned brand(s). The WCM will working closely with the wine club, tasting room and marketing teams. This dynamic position will play an instrumental role in achieving targeted sales and membership growth for existing and future wine club program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Act as on-site manager in the absence of the estate manager and customer experience manager
• Greet and interact with club members during visits, as well as new and potential members.
• Support tasting room team with the onboarding new hires and training new hires on wine club sales tips, procedures and SOP’s
• Manage and respond to daily calls, voicemails and emails in a timely manner
• Proactively upsell wine club members, grasping every opportunity to add to existing allocations
• Ensure orders are processed accurately, and timely
• Review daily open orders to ensure orders are moving in a timely manner, and address any outages or stuck orders.
• Contact club members with missed delivery attempts and returned wine. Reach out for an updated address to reduce the future return rate.
• Contact club members with declined credit cards via email, phone, and text; post batch processing
• Create a wine club ‘cheat sheet’ with selections, email and Podium send dates, etc.
• Keep email communication calendar up to date with all scheduled emails
• Drive up-sell revenue and work with brand management to deplete end-of-lot and library wines and contact prior purchasers of new releases
• Use customer notes to maintain buyer’s preferences and suggest recommended products
• Work with brand management to plan club shipment selections and ensure the master list is up to date as products are changed/updated
• Communicate current and upcoming club products to the sales team(s)
• Work with Estate Manager to educate staff on selections and hosting tastings of new releases
• Complete first round of budgets and collaborate with Estate Manager
• Ensure the Wine Concierge team is notified of current club selection and has the tools to conduct decline calls
• Ensure TR has an inventory of wine club selections for will-calls
• Communicate wine club promotions to the sales team(s) and work with management to ensure all promotions are notated on the master calendar
• Create email, newsletter, and gift/additional insert copy. Work with brand manager & winemaking team to gather/create tasting notes
• Collaborate with Estate Manager to create monthly promotions. Communicate promotions to the sales team(s) and ensure testing has been completed prior to the launch date.
• Work with management to revise/update training how-to’s
• Create and execute quarterly Join the Club/Reactivation emails and offers.
• Create and execute SMS/text offers.
• Accurately track club member cancellations and skip reasons.
• Required to work on tasting room floor as needed.
• Working schedule is Thursday - Monday.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and team members
• Exceptional skills in customer service with a professional demeanor
• Excellent written communication skills, attention to grammar, and email etiquette
• Works well in a team environment
• Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
• Pays close attention to detail and takes initiative
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• Previous tasting room experience or in-person customer service a plus
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment and shift focus when needed
• Must be 21+ years of age
• 3+ years of wine club experience or equivalent
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office required
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and customer experience focused individual
• Tech-savvy, with strong computer skills, and competent in learning new software
• Shares company values of integrity, respect, value creation, compliance, and customer focus
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work in an evolving environment with enthusiasm
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position
• Must be able to speak and communicate clearly
• Must be able to sit for extended periods as required by job duties
• Must be able to lift 40lbs
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ability to travel locally when necessary
• Able to work weekends, holidays and after-hours
Vintage Wine Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.