$15.00/hr. + Weekly Incentive, 5 Day Work Week, OFF on Saturday
Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic! DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
UNFI is North America's premier food wholesaler delivering the widest variety of products to customer locations throughout North America including natural product superstores, independent retailers, conventional supermarket chains, ecommerce retailers, and food service customers. Our Warehouse Associates are a vital part of our organization. You aren't just hand-selecting orders within a warehouse of fluctuating temperatures, you are doing the work that feeds and nourishes millions of people. We are excited about the work we do and are looking for others who share the same drive and passion.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
- Identify the pick locations and safely pick the items.
- Inspects assigned equipment for safety issues.
- Identifies the correct pick location, Master Case locations, and pick sequence in accordance to the order.
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC's or item descriptions.
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases.
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay, and builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Immediately informs a supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats, any violation of company policy, keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner.
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Understanding of Safety guidelines.
- Warehouse/Operations and understanding of WMS preferred but not required.
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes