Responsible for supervising the vendors/staff that ensure that the building and grounds are operating
effeciently. Ensures that the facility is maintained at a high level, snow removal is performed in a timely
manner when needed, and cleanliness and safety standards are upheld. May maintains departmental
records, logs, and files, answers and directs telephone calls and questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
• Responsible for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with external clients,
customers, contractors, and officials.
• Responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate completion of facility maintenance functions.
• Initiates and negotiates bids with contractors.
• Monitors utilization of equipment, facilities, and personnel.
• Monitors all engineering operations for compliance with established safety policies and regulations.
• Trains, advises, and counsels employees and provides suggestions to improve performance and
• Conducts performance appraisals as assigned.
• Responsible for maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with
Company personnel and management.
• Works closely with other departments to maintain schedules and implement changes and revisions in
• Assists in OSHA reviews as requested
• Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality
Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
• May maintain budgets and future estimates for individual projects.
Associate's Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
Knowledge of related computer applications.
Excellent understanding of facility management procedures.
Knowledge of budgeting, service contracts, and leasing agreements.
One to three years of related experience preferred
Able to organize, coordinate, and direct team activities.
Strong problem solving skills.
Good communications skills.
Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications: Word and Excel.
Good math skills.
Able to use all related maintenance equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all.