This position will develop and provide key analytics to guide the direction of strategic pricing and margin initiatives. Continually works on creating tools and processes for analysis while providing necessary analytics for other strategic projects to ensure root causes are identified and improvement plans are in place. Responsible for developing and streamlining key margin reporting and process improvement.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Performs advanced variance analysis, including price modeling, sales approval analysis, regional pricing and cost impact - incorporates data from different areas and synthesizes.
- Articulates strategic pricing based on competitive intelligence, syndicated data, and internal DataMart, Teradata and Tableau and provides recommendations and solutions
- Develops and provides ownership of complex modeling analysis.
- Responsible for complex reporting processes on key functional KPI's. Owns communication and analysis associated with reporting efforts.
- Performs advanced trend analysis - incorporates data from different areas and synthesizes. Findings incorporate cross functional impacts, trends, and industry news.
- Supports and implements data driven process improvements within functional area. Proven ability to analyze business processes and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse tasks with inter-relationships across processes. Work requires the direct application of a variety of procedures, policies and/or precedents.
- Supports all vital business reporting for pricing and margin
- Participates in and sometimes leads cross-department white-boarding/problem solving sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 1-5 years' experience
- SQL experience required. Experience with Alteryx preferred
- System Implementation preferred
- Demonstrated success in leading and delivering solutions to complex business opportunities
- Outstanding analytical skills (numerical, verbal).
- Strong Strategic Planning, Financial and Operations / Business Background. Not purely financial background.
- Strong business acumen
- Financial modeling experience
- Project Management experience strongly preferred
- Must be self-driven and very motivated.
- Strong analytical, organizational and relationship skills. Excellent writing and communication skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills, discretion, diplomacy, judgment, work ethic and accountability. Positive, proactive and flexible attitude with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects with varying deadlines and time constraints. Ability to create complex queries in order to support adhoc reporting and database design.
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Office; Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and other related applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence
- Schedule: Full-time