Brief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Handles food in a safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat. Reviews the status and appearance of the merchandise for freshness. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Store Director, Assistant Store Director, Operations Specialist, Produce Manager, Assistant Produce Manager, PIC. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store. Assists customers by: (examples include)
Answers the department telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking product orders. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area and sales floor is always clean and neat. Checks invoices against product delivered as necessary. Ensures an adequate product supply is ready and on hand and develops or follows a production list. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily basis. Unloading trucks and putting away product in proper holding locations. Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness and replenishes and rotates product. Removes trash in a timely manner. Prepares, finishes, and replenishes product as necessary. Cuts, trims and wraps fruits and vegetables as necessary. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Insures that all food is handled in accordance with local health department regulations. Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner. SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the customers shopping experience.
(These are considered occasional in nature) Responsible for proper inventory control (pricing, ordering, stocking). Orders product and supplies as necessary. Prices products for customers as necessary. Assists in other areas of store as needed. Performs other job related duties and special projects as required. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Must be able to handle refrigerated levels of temperature, approximately 33 degrees for an extended amount of time.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 20 feet with color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
This position is exposed to temperature extremes and dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards, knives and blades, exposure to cleaning chemicals and solvents, as well as product that has been sprayed with insecticides and chemicals. This is a fast paced work environment. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Knives, wrapping machine, Telxon, pallet jack, trash compactor, cardboard compactor, calculator, box cutter, flat bed cart, dock plate, phone/intercom and power pallet jack. CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with the general public, customers and co-workers.