The HR Manager is a business partner to operational leadership and is responsible for leading, implementing and executing the organization's HR strategy, key projects and initiatives within the facility/group. Reporting to the Director of HR, the HR Manager leads the facility/group HR team and is responsible for effective execution of human resources functions, such as, Benefits, Compensation, Payroll, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Training, Associate Relations, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labour Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & BASIC DUTIES:HR Leadership
Strategic Business Partnership:
- Leads the HR function for a facility, provides functional HR expertise, plans and executes on key projects.
- Directly manages Business Partner(s) and associates within the facility and drives performance in the local HR teams. Responsible for leveraging best practices and creating a culture of collaboration within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes National HR programs within the facility. Ensures alignment with National HR processes and programs.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company. Supports peer networks across the company.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company/region/facility/group strategy. Participates in development of HR colleagues.
Engagement & Associate Relations:
- Builds effective working relationships with leaders. Balances facility needs with National guidelines when making decisions. Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages a deep understanding of business needs and participates in solving business problems within the facility.
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management, and staff meetings.
- Identifies metrics tracked throughout the organization. Derives insights from metrics, reports insights to business leaders, and uses those insights to solve business problems and improve processes.
Execution of HR Function and Programs:
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Assesses and monitors associate engagement on a proactive, ongoing basis. Implements associate engagement surveys and action plans. Identifies trends and works to systematically address disengagement issues.
- Addresses associate concerns at local level, conducts investigations and facilitates problem resolution.
- Provides leaders and associates with coaching and resources to help them resolve and prevent interpersonal and team conflicts and adapt to different associate and leadership styles. Delivers training programs.
- Implements HR initiatives and programs in new ways to adapt to changing associate and business needs. Seeks feedback from business leaders and associates on how HR could improve implementation of HR programs. Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
- Responsible for executing core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, succession planning, wellness, social events etc. Responsible for executing local programs for areas such as employee engagement, recognition, training, and labour relations.
- Responsible for HR compliance activities within facility, requires thorough knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal and provincial laws. Responsible for ensuring that human resources functions, including recordkeeping, talent acquisition, promotions, terminations, etc. are all conducted in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Occasional travel to other facilities within North America, normal business hours required with occasional flexibility required to connect with operational associates on day and afternoon shift schedules.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma in Human Resources Management, Business or related field
- CHRL, CHRP Certification preferred
- 5 - 7 years of progressive Human Resources Management experience or related field
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now, Success Factors preferred
Skills & Abilities:
- Federal, provincial, and local employment laws
- Understanding of Compensation, HRIS, Payroll, and Employee Relations practices
- Previous experience in with Payroll, Benefits and Compensation administration and problem resolution
- Must be fluent in both English and French
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Supervisory skills
- Drives for performance
- Effective project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Relationship building skills
- Developing Talent
- Critical Thinking
- Self Awareness
- Evaluating and Implementing Ideas
- Interacting with People at Different Levels