The Risk Safety Specialist (RSS) helps operations teams deliver on a critical UNFI value: "Do the Right Thing - Put Safety and Integrity at the Forefront of Everything We Do." The Risk Safety Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety programs in the Distribution Center. This role is responsible for assisting with the creation of a world class safety culture in which UNFI associates are proactive and interdependent when it comes to safety. That means we look out for our own safety and we look out for each other's safety - always. As an extension of the Risk Safety Manager, the RSS assists with creating a consistent approach through our training, policies, and procedures.Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with the RSM to champion safety at the local level through safety training programs.
- Facilitate and champion safety committee / council meetings for Warehouse, Food and Transportation Safety at the DC level.
- Deliver New Associate Training Orientation for the Warehouse, Transportation and Food Safety programs.
- Partner with the transportation department to ensure compliance with driver qualification files.
- Champion and coordinate incident investigations and ensure all incidents, regardless of severity are reported, investigated, with a Root Cause Analysis. Make recommendations for preventative measures, if necessary, to eliminate or control risk.
- Monitor and assess documentation and processes for Food Safety.
- Monitor and assess OSHA programs to ensure compliance.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- A.S. or B.S. in Safety or Science/Engineering
- HACCP Certification
- Experience can be substituted for education
- 0 to 3 years in administering safety programs within a DC or manufacturing site
- Experience in WC, AL and GL claims
- System Implementation Preferred
- Some Background in warehouse/distribution safety
- Familiarity of OSHA, DOT, EPA & FDA
- Training and coaching skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Become Smith System Certified as a Train-the-Trainer within three months of onboarding
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Rhode Island, Providence; United States of America, Massachusetts, Worcester
- Schedule: Full-time