Repairs and performance preventative maintenance on trailers, tractors and yard tractors at the DC. Responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty refrigerated trucks and trailers under minimal supervision.Schedule
: Sunday - ThursdayShift
: 2:00 PM - 10:30 PMJob Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Diagnose and repair medium to heavy-duty trucks and trailers, including preventative maintenance, inspections, repair to air and hydraulic brakes, warranty procedures, driveline, steering and suspension, electrical, mobile A/C refrigeration, and overhaul and engine rebuilds, with safety as the top priority.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve tractor and trailer related issues, i.e., tachometer, speedometer, power steering, power divider, U-joint, transmission, rear end, A/C, starter, alternator, APU, etc.
- Diagnose and repair trailer components such as doors, floor and side panels.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs) on tractor and trailer equipment, including route technical repairs and completing repair orders.
- Remain technically proficient in all areas of the shop, including tractor, trailer and basic parts administration.
- Perform general or routine welding with or without prints.
- Three to five years on-the-job experience or graduate of an accredited trade school or military training program.
- Must have Cummins and Detroit engine tune-up experience; overhaul experience a plus.
- Must have knowledge of DOT wiring and air systems.
- Must have some trailer refrigeration experience.
- Valid CDL license with medical card, or obtain before end of 90 day probation. UNFI to help.
- Must have knowledge of CHP/BIT inspections and servicing.
- Have own hand tools (complete journeyman tool box).
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.