As a company critical to the needs of everyday people, we are remaining open despite the ongoing situation with COVID-19 and are looking to hire people just like YOU to help keep America fed and stocked with supplies.DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today!POSITION PURPOSE:
Repairs and performance preventative maintenance on trailers, tractors and yard tractors at the DC. Responsible for diagnosing and repairing medium to heavy-duty refrigerated trucks and trailers under minimal supervisionESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Repair Preventative Maintenance inspections and repairs.
- Air and hydraulic brake repairs.
- Tire repairs.
- Warranty procedures.
- Driveline, steering & suspension.
- Electrical trouble-shooting.
- Ability to diagnose and repair lift gates, weld and fabricate as needed.
- AC and other duties as assigned.
- Assist other Mechanics in repairs and will be expected to comply with Safety and EPA procedures and continue to learn additional mechanical duties such as advanced diagnostics, internal engine and transmission repairs.
- 5 years of proven medium to heavy-duty vehicle repair including:
- PM's, tire & wheel, air & hydraulic brakes, diagnosis, computerized diagnostics, electrical trouble-shooting, electronic component repair.
- 2 years' experience in refrigeration &/or overhauls and rebuilds of heavy-duty diesel engines and transmissions.
- 5+ years' work experience post completion of trade qualification.
- Some experience with Thermo King and Carrier refrigeration units.
- Must be able to read codes and instructions on the computer.
- Must be able to document repairs on the computer.
- Must possess at minimum a set of hand tools up to (3/4").
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays and on-call rotations for roadside assistance.
- Strong verbal & documentation skills.
- Dependable, responsible team player with a positive attitude
For applicants in Colorado: The compensation for this position is $25 per/hr. You will also be eligible to participate in the following benefits programs - Paid Time Off; Sick Time; 401K Program; medical, dental, vision, life, and accidental death/ dismemberment insurance; short-term and long-term disability insurance programs, Flexible Spending Account, and/or Health Savings Account, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements and the terms and conditions of these programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.