Job Posting Liquor Assistant ManagerJob Overview:
To assist in managing the Liquor Store in promoting sales, achieving sales goals, profit margins and labor goals. To contribute toward ensuring a positive shopping environment for customers and a positive work environment for employees.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Assists customers and ensures proper service levels and courtesy from all associates.
• Organizes, directs and assists work of stock crew.
• Assists in planning and implementation of department merchandising plans.
• Orders product for Liquor department.
• Assists with training and evaluation of Liquor department personnel.
• Assists in monitoring and directing safety, sanitation and loss prevention standards in the department.
• Participates in receiving function and back room organization.
• Keeps Liquor Manager informed about specific conditions in the liquor department as well as successes and opportunities and provides suggestions for improvements where possible.
• Follows all store and department policies and procedures.
• Responsible for assisting with ongoing department planning, execution and evaluation in order to ensure maximum sales, effective cost control and efficient utilization of labor.
• Collaborates with Liquor Manager in Departmental goal setting.
• Oversees the Department in the absence of the Liquor Store Manager.Job Requirements:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Associate's degree or above preferred.
• Retail experience preferred.
• Comprehensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of department operations.
• Previous knowledge and experience with sales of beer, wine and spirits helpful. Physical Environment
• Working conditions consist of a temperature controlled store environment
• Ability to frequently reach, lift, and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 70 lbs.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, stoop, twist and turn frequently. Manual dexterity and good hand-eye coordination are necessary.
• Exposure to temperatures as low as approximately 38 degrees Fahrenheit while handling products in cooler. My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Minnesota, Eagan; United States of America, Minnesota, Bloomington; United States of America, Minnesota, Chanhassen; United States of America, Minnesota, Brooklyn Park; United States of America, Minnesota, Oakdale; United States of America, Minnesota, Hastings; United States of America, Minnesota, Arden Hills; United States of America, Minnesota, Plymouth; United States of America, Minnesota, Champlin; United States of America, Minnesota, Burnsville
- Schedule: Full-time