Loss Prevention Specialist
Accountable To: District Loss Prevention Manager
To monitor and protect store property, assets, customers and employees through the proper utilization of specified investigative procedures and enforcement of store security rules and regulations.
Nature and Scope
Emphasis in this position is on specified investigative procedures and apprehension of shoplifters and dishonest employees. Prior training or experience in law enforcement or security is desirable. Knowledge of related state and local regulations and Cub security policies is required. Position required to respond in a tactful and discretionary manner when confronting and diffusing situations of a sensitive nature. Requires good confidentiality on company-related matters. Majority of time is spent on store surveillance. Incumbent is required to thoroughly document all incidents and submit routinely to the Loss Prevention Supervisor. The Loss Prevention Supervisor provides specific direction or guidance with regard to investigation of employees, incidents involving possible physical confrontations, potential court cases or unusual circumstances. This position requires ongoing judgment/decision making, reading, writing, walking and standing. Position functions and work hours may vary according to business needs. Assignments and work direction are provided by the Division Loss Prevention Supervisor or Manager.
The LP Officer position is a non-uniform officer position which involves patrolling store and parking lot, providing excellent customer service, along with identifying and apprehending those responsible for theft of company assets in a variety of Cub stores throughout the Twin Cities metro area. It is a great position to start off in the Retail Loss Prevention field.
The positions available are both part time and full time and provide flexibility to work around school schedules.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Desire and ability to identify and prevent loss in a retail environment.
- Ability to prepare accurate, thorough written reports documenting incidents.
- Demonstrates a high degree of responsibility regarding attendance, decision making, and following company policies.
- Ability and desire to work a flexible schedule often composed of mid-shifts, late-shifts, and weekends.
- Availability for occasional overnight work.
- Represent the Loss Prevention department with a high degree of professionalism in all interactions.
- Ability to maintain open communication and strong partnerships with Store and Loss Prevention leadership.
- Demonstrate a desire and capacity to personally grow and develop for future potential advancement.
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status