Courtesy Clerk DEPARTMENT:
Storewide Brief Description of Job Duties
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Cleans up miscellaneous spills throughout the store. Gathers carts from the parking lot and returns them to their proper location in the store. Cleans restrooms and keeps them well stocked with toilet paper and paper towels. Keeps bag racks full and returns left items to their proper place. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS: Accountable and Reports to (Job Title):
Store Director, Assistant Store Director, Head Cashier, Assistant Head Cashier, PIC PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store. Assists customers by: (examples include)
Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant work environment. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the janitorial area is always clean and neat. Removes trash in a timely manner. Conditions shelves and removes cardboard from shelves. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress. Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines. Reports to work when scheduled and on time. Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner. Supervisory Responsibilities
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the customers shopping experience.
None SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB:
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with variables as they present themselves.
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures, counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; request supplies orally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include clarity of vision at a distance of more than 20 inches and less than 30 feet with color vision, depth perception and field of vision.
- Ability to work in various weather conditions; including rain, snow, summer and winter temperatures.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
The duties for this position are conducted in an indoor and outdoor environment. There is significant pressure to maintain conditions and handle multiple priorities. There is exposure to dust, noise, cleaning chemicals/solvents and temperature extremes. EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB:
Equipment used to perform job varies with department but could include and is not limited to: Box cutter, jag snag, mop, dust mop, broom, plunger, various chemicals for a variety of cleaning duties, trash and cardboard compactor (must be 18 years old). CONTACTS:
Has daily contact with the general public and customers.