Deliver palletized products to UNFI's corporate and independent retail stores in various states across the state and Country.
Great Union Benefits! Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensure compliance with company procedures as outlined in UNFI. Drivers' Handbook and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (DOT).
- Perform required vehicle safety inspections before, during and after dispatch.
- Comply with federal hours of service requirements.
- Correctly execute daily log and trip report.
- Immediately report all accidents involving company equipment to appropriate manager.
- Comply with Federal and State mandated traffic laws and established company safety procedures.
- Maintain basic familiarity and compliance with FMCS regulations.
- Maintain schedule of deliveries per dispatch instructions.
- Valid Class A CDL license.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of tractor trailer driving experience or 1 year experience with proof of graduation from an accredited commercial driving school.
- Clean driver record.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.