The essential functions and basic duties of the Class A CDL Driver are to perform pre and post trip inspection of their vehicle utilizing knowledge of safe and effective loading and handling procedures. As a Delivery Driver, you are also responsible for reviewing paperwork for completeness and accuracy, checking orders for correct number of boxes, correcting addresses and support documentation, completing time cards, entering trip data into on-board computer, and completing paper logs if necessary.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Complying with FMCSA regulations.
- Delivering and unloading products utilizing equipment, including tractor trailer, ramps, lift gates, pallet jacks, load bars, and other devices which assist delivery.
- Operating vehicle safely within Albert's guidelines minimizing accidents, traffic violations, and complaints from the public.
- Reporting any accident immediately to the Transportation Manager/Department.
- Keeping vehicles well maintained, safe, and secure; reporting any defects promptly using DCVR form.
- Picking up supplies and back hauls from vendors while completing related paperwork.
- Addressing and resolving customer problems as appropriate.
- Ensuring customer orders arrive in quality condition and correspond precisely to the initial order.
- Communicating professionally with customers and vendors.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid medical card as prescribed by the Federal Motor Carrier Administration and a valid state specific Commercial Driver's License (Class A and CDL Drivers require respective licensing).
- Ability to pass a written exam and road test.
- Basic knowledge of Department of Transportation (DOT) law and mandates and understanding of UNFI's safety standards.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Similar jobs to check out:
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUSHOME EVERY NIGHT!At United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI), we know people thrive when they can do what they enjoy. We take our mission of discovering top talent and serving our associates seriously. That's ...
UNFI is the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty grocery products in the United States and Canada. We supply over 43,000 customer locations with 250,000+ products from 58 distribution facilities across the country. UNF...
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associ...