The bilingual (Spanish speaking) Associate Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for executing action items that support key projects and initiatives within the facility/group, in partnership with their HR Manager or Director. Reporting to the HR Director or Manager, the Associate Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for effective execution of human resources strategies in areas such as Talent Development, Workforce Planning, Talent Selection, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy.Job Responsibilities:
- Builds effective working relationships with business leaders.
- Focuses on growing business acumen in order to better understand business needs.
- Partners with supervisor to develop coaching skills and techniques
- Provides coaching to individual contributors, with the goal of making others successful.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management and staff meetings.
Talent & Onboarding
- Responsible for working with the HR team to execute the workforce and talent agenda that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity, in partnership with Talent Acquisition.
- Implements effective onboarding plans for successful assimilation of new hires.
- Conducts new hire orientation, as assigned, and ensures that new associates are well informed of HR benefits, policies and programs.
- Deliver training programs, as assigned.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Implements associate engagement events and activities, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous manner.
- Handles basic employment relations issues, including reviewing recommendation with HR Director or HR Manager and escalating, as appropriate.
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Applies best practices and participates in collaboration within the region/group, and nationally on all HR programs.
- Builds effective working relationships with HR team
- Complete personnel actions, including partnering with Total Rewards or HR Shared Services to obtain recommendation and approvals, ensure transaction is appropriately processed and that associate data is accurate.
- Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local/department-level programs for areas such as, workforce planning, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including talent development, promotions, employee relations, terminations, exit interviews, recordkeeping, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Implements Affirmative Action Plan and goals, where applicable.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company, business and/or HR.
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures associate files are complete and compliant. Maintains high level of confidentiality with consistency
Travel may be required, up to 10%
Performs other job duties as requiredJob Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 0-3 years of HR experience, or related field
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local employment laws.
- Basic understanding of talent acquisition techniques, including recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection.
- Basic understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Problem Solving skills
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.