Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Vice President, Applications - Automation and Store Technology, is a key leadership role within the Information Systems team. They develop and lead a high performing team that is responsible for store technology, services, marketing, CRM, and Loss Prevention applications including software and hardware for associate and guest facing devices and peripherals, POS software and integrations, back office applications, and store mobility strategy. This role will also focus on process improvements and help lead an automation strategy for Ulta. This role collaborates closely with cross-functional teams to continuously innovate these systems and is a leader who drives service and operational excellence while supporting internal and external business partners. This leader will be a thought partner for key stakeholders and identify opportunities and translate them into technology solutions that are both beneficial and cost effective. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Benefits Management: Champions the change program vision to staff at all levels of the business operation, brings order to complex situations, and keeps a focus on business objectives.
- Relationship Management: Champions the strategy to understand stakeholder objectives and requirements. Works with all interested parties to ensure effective relationships between stakeholders, including responsibility for the relationship between technology functions and end users. Sets the overall vision for how stakeholder objectives are met and determines organizational roles and alignment. Leads relationship management with the most senior stakeholders, and is the ultimate escalation point for issue resolution
- Build and maintain strategic vendor partnerships: critical for assessing and implementing new software, features and functionality, including new technologies and processes, to support key initiatives and goals
- Automation & Business and Process Improvement: Leads and advises on automation and process improvements across the enterprise to bring measurable business benefits by identifying, proposing, initiating, leveraging and leading significant programs of improvement.
- Transformational leadership: Experience taking a team and leading an organization through change and leverage large scale development methodologies such as agile and CI/CD. Champions a culture of continuous improvement and experience of using agile at scale
- Manages individuals and teams. Allocates responsibilities and/or packages of work. Provides coaching and support and delegates responsibilities where possible, in order to achieve corporate objectives. Mentors and influences senior individuals in consideration of their career opportunities and contribution to the organization. Ensures performance objectives, and monitors progress against agreed quality and performance criteria
- Service Level Management: Sets strategies for service delivery that support Ulta's strategic needs. Authorizes allocation of resources for monitoring service delivery arrangements. Provides leadership for Ulta within the industry on the identification of future trends (e.g. technical, market sector, legislative). Initiates and manages relationships with business partners at the highest level to identify potential areas of mutual interest for future development, maintains an overview of the contribution of service delivery arrangements. Ensures that service delivery is monitored effectively and that identified actions to maintain or improve levels of service are implemented. Ensures that operational methods, procedures, and tools are established, reviewed and maintained. Negotiates with relevant parties in respect of disruptions and major amendments to the provision of services. Manages service delivery to ensure that agreed targets are met and prepares proposals to meet forecast changes in the level or type of service.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS :
- Drive strategy, innovation, and best practices for applications and store hardware in scope of responsibility, with a heightened focus on mobility
- Leverage experience on the delivery of retail technology solutions with ability to leverage different development methodologies
- Partner with the business teams to deliver a solid strategy and tool selection and align with and deliver on Ulta's business and IT roadmap which includes leveraging industry and retail best practice
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and partnerships with business teams, including innovation, and ensure their needs are being met and priorities are set at the appropriate levels
- Work on flawless execution and continuous improvement, ensuring stable and supportable solutions with a solid transfer to DevOps with high SLA's
- Partner with IT leadership to best align the organization as the technology stack matures
- Drive strategy, innovation, and best practices for applications and store hardware, including mobility
- Understanding of architectures, integration points, and can identify and clearly articulate business capabilities, dependencies and risks
- Align with and deliver on Ulta's business and IT roadmap. Provide vision for the roadmap and use that to guide the budget planning process
- Create a team culture that is committed to collaborative cross-functional relationships and service excellence
- Continue to grow and develop a dynamic team of high performers. Provide direct reports all the support and tools required to enable them to effectively manage the growth and development of their associates.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or CIS, Master's Degree preferred with 15+ years of related IT experience and 8+ years' experience in a direct management role. Additional requirements include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills and experience successfully managing multiple senior level managers
- Strong experience in C-Level executive presentations and business case creation
- Experience using broad based technologies to provide solutions across the enterprise, including large scale agile experience
- Proven project management experience in planning and executing enterprise-level IT projects
- Strong judgment, oral and written communication, and leadership skills
- An ability to drive decisions through consensus, influence change and effectively resolve conflicts
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong operational and strategic alignment with business units
- Excellent analytical, communication and negotiation skills with cross-functional organizations, customers and upper level management and thorough understanding of product development
- Strong staff management skills, including direct and indirect staff and consultants
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and mentor business and technically oriented teams with large transformational programs
- Direct experience leading an organization through significant change
- Excellent time management, planning, organizational and project management skills
- Broad current knowledge of business technology applications, current trends in IT, and experience evaluating/implementing internal and externally hosted systems and solutions
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.