professional empowerment. With over 1,200 stores throughout the U.S., designs to expand internationally, and a thriving E-Commerce platform, Ulta Beauty provides its merchandise associates the bandwidth needed to set new trends, identify potential, and take calculated risks. For professionals with an adventurous spirit who thrive in a collaborative context, who are energized by ambiguity and problem-solving, who want to experience the results of their efforts, and who are inspired by the recognition of superior performance-we encourage you to make all of it your own. Discover the possibilities of Ulta Beauty. And experience greater heights of professional success & personal satisfaction. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The Senior Buyer is the lead buyer responsible for setting department strategy to maximize sales, margin, and inventory and space productivity. In partnership with the merchandise planning team, they manage key business area within their division. This position works with the merchandise planning. They will also manage key departmental &/or divisional projects for the entire team. They will represent and support the DMM/VP in their absence. Responsible to mentor, coach and develop team members. CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Business Area Strategy: Leads the development and execution of the business area strategy. Partner and support omni-channel strategy. Manages individual business area.
- Financial Plans: Develop and execute financial plans including sales, margin and inventory in conjunction with merchandise planning team.
- Marketing: Execute marketing plans that set pricing and product cadence to optimize profitable sales and support the corporate marketing strategy. Works directly with the DMM/VP on overall marketing strategy.
- In-Store Merchandising: Responsible for determining product assortment for promotional locations in store. Proof all in-store signage for printing; signage for all marketing in promo planner, enters skus in for tables, endcaps, etageres & cash wrap.
- Planograms: Drives planogram process by working with vendors to determine assortment, secure samples, assessing SKU/Brands productivity, completing or gathering sku set up paperwork, maintaining add/delete lists, shelf strip proofing, managing fixtures with vendors if required.
- Reporting: Pulls, prepare and analyze reports from BW, SAP, or Merchandising systems as needed.
- Collaboration: Act as lead in the development and maintenance of internal and external relationships, including Distribution Centers, eCommerce, Marketing, Operations, Planning & Allocation, Stores and brand partners.
- Values: Exemplifies Ulta Beauty's core values within role. Ulta Values are quality and timely decision making, continuous improvement, collaboration, accountability, coaching and developing, planning and prioritizing, communication. Rallies the team to align to Ultas cultural principals.
- Continuous Improvement: Complete on-going training and development courses supported by the HR Training Team or the Merchandise Operations Training Team.
- Brand Management: In partnership with dotcom team, management of the brand portfolio, performance, and relationships to maximize profitability and achieve financial objectives.
- Negotiation: Negotiate vendor terms, item costs, exclusivity, newness or exits to support the financial plans and strategy for key brand partners.
- Trend: Proactively assess and monitor the competitive landscape and marketplace to determine potential opportunities or threats.
- Leadership: Mentor, coach, and develop direct report(s) to position them for success and promotability. As needed, be an active participant in cross-functional teams on enterprise level projects.
- Bachelors degree required
- Min 8 years total experience in retail, must have both merchandising and MP&I experience.
- Must have direct report management experience. Experienced in leading direct reports.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of SAP and SAP Hana a plus.
- Creative problem solver.
- Professionalism and confidentiality required.
- High energy innovation leader.
- Strong financial aptitude and analytical ability.
- Capability to lead brand meetings and presentations.
- Proven leadership skills in communication, teamwork, collaboration and relationship building.
- Demonstrates enterprise thinking and proficiency across buying or merchandise planning or inventory assignments.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong merchandising, forecasting and financial skills.
- Some travel required
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.