Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
Lead IT Technical Analyst in supply chain team will have technical responsibility for Supply Chain applications for ULTA Distribution Centers. Lead IT Analyst will be responsible for leading design, development, testing, break/fix, implementation of projects, and on-call support for warehouse management systems. Applications include Warehouse Management and Material Handling Equipment systems running on Windows and Linux servers. The IT Technical Analyst will be working closely with the Supply Chain IT functional resources, business, vendors, and cross functional teams working on projects and support.
YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Project Support - The support and guidance on portfolio, program and project management processes, procedures, tools and techniques. Provides development and maintenance of time, resource, cost and risk plans, and the use of related software tools. Includes tracking and reporting of program/project progress and performance.
- Application support - The provision of application maintenance and support services, either directly to users of the systems or to service delivery functions. Support typically includes investigation and resolution of issues and may also include performance monitoring. Issues may be resolved by providing advice or training to users, by devising solutions (permanent or temporary) for faults, making general or site-specific modifications, updating documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements. Collaborates with system developers and application owners specializing in different areas within the IT organization.
- System Software - The provision of specialist expertise to facilitate and execute the installation and maintenance of system software such as operating systems, data management products, office automation products and other utility software.
- Release Deployment - The management of the processes, systems and functions to package, build, test and deploy changes and updates (which are bounded as "releases") into a production or non-prod environments, establishing or continuing the specified Service, to enable controlled and effective handover to Operations and the user community.
- Incident Management - The processing and coordination of appropriate and timely responses to incident reports, including channeling requests for help to appropriate functions for resolution, monitoring resolution activity, and keeping clients apprised of progress towards service restoration.
- Development Testing - The planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards. The purpose of testing is to ensure that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified (including security requirements). Testing includes the process of engineering, using and maintaining testware (test cases, test scripts, test reports, test plans, etc.) to measure and improve the quality of the software being tested.
- Availability Management - The definition, analysis, planning, measurement, maintenance and improvement of all aspects of the availability of services. The overall control and management of service availability to ensure that the level of service delivered in all services is matched to or exceeds the current and future agreed needs of the enterprise, in a cost effective manner.
- Configuration Management - Applies tools, techniques and processes to track, log, report on and correct configuration items, components and changes related to the configuration items.
- Data Analysis - Applies data analysis, data modelling, and quality techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of business processes, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and associated components. Liaises with database engineers and other application development team members on the details of data structures and associated components.
- Change Management - Assesses, analyses, creates, documents, presents and implements changes based on requests for change.
- Problem Management - Undertakes and reviews actions to investigate and resolve problems in systems, processes and services. Assesses problem fixes/remedies. Assists with the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Lead technical team for project and support work for ULTA Warehouse Management Systems for Manhattan WMOS and various MHE systems
- Technical administration and configuration responsibility for supply chain applications in project, break-fix, and support work
- Provide Technical support and troubleshooting for production issues for 24x7 DC operations for ULTA distribution centers through on-call rotation.
- Shell Script programming for project and support work
- Development for reporting, labels, and other small initiatives
- Lead different aspects of technical development and changes.
- Lead Outage Calls and Root Cause Analysis once operations is up and running
- Responsible for integration between supply chain systems
- Work with key stakeholders to understand business priorities and opportunities in order to drive efficiencies and support business growth.
- Work closely with cross-functional project team members during all project life cycles through production
- Explore and recommend solutions to business requirements and issues
- Identify process improvement areas and devise solutions
- Able to multi-task and adapt quickly to aggressive schedules.
- Creates and updates documentation such as functional specifications, technical specifications, process flows, integration diagrams, installation documents, and etc.
- Create and improve support documentation
- Improve system stability in current productions systems
Qualfied candidates will have a Bachelor's degree in information technology or technical field and 5+ years hands on technical experience in application development programming a must. Additional requirements include:
• Lead others for project and support work
• Linux and/or windows application administration experience a must
• Strong shell scripting and command line experience a must
• Experience on integration between applications
• Application installation and monitoring experience
• Automation experience a plus
• SQL experience a plus
• Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills, both written and verbal and active listening traits
• Passion for learning new technologies and eagerness to collaborate with other creative minds
• Proactive work ethic with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Proven track record and experience in providing superior production support
• Experience in working with contractor firms with resources both onshore and offshore.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt quickly to change
• Flexibility of providing support during odd hours, weekends, and peak seasons
• Be proactive and ability to catch issues before failures WORKING CONDITIONS
• Fast-paced, dynamic environment with new tasks changing daily/weekly
• Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
• Some travel required to DCs
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.