About The Position
The Spirits Portfolio Sales Consultant is responsible for sales execution in our top spirit accounts, leading and achieving business plans and performance objectives within assigned markets (MNY, NJ, MA, MI, WI, OH)
The Spirits Portfolio Sales Consultant is responsible for sales execution in our top spirit accounts, leading and achieving business plans and performance objectives within assigned markets across multiple geographies (MNY, NJ, MA, MI, WI, OH). This position is responsible for the implementation and execution of strategic sales initiatives to increase business opportunities and generate revenue from key and target accounts, leading a sales team, collaborating, integrating and communicating within the sales teams.
Focus on our People and our Customers:
Lead team to promote, sell and build relationships with customers and distributors throughout their respective region to deliver company goals and objectives. Collaborate with your assigned sales teams to deliver a clear and consistent message defining direction and expectations for your Team and implement systems and checkpoints to monitor success. The Spirits Sales Consultant will spend approximately 70% of time executing sales in assigned marketplace and 30% of time partnering with distributor(s).
The following reflects the essential functions for this job. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or the needs of the business.• Provide leadership, coach, guide, mentoring and assisting to develop a high-performance sales team for optimal execution and results. Build respectful relationships – promote an environment of trust and open communication.
• Performance Management: Conduct annual performance reviews, provide periodic formal and informal performance feedback to direct reports and regularly communicate with team to achieve mutual understanding and desired results.
• Direct the development and execution of sales plans and unique marketing solutions with customers in markets necessary to achieve heritage portfolio brand growth and financial objectives.
• Apply expertise to effectively teach and train key distributor staff and TFE teams about our Spirit brands.
• Collaborate across all departments and champion the Trinchero Family Estates "One Team" approach.
• Influence and engage distributor sales partners, and broker relationships through the establishment of quarterly, and annual sales goals and objectives for case volume, distribution and revenues.
• Analyze market conditions and provide strategic insights on the competitive and category landscape and report feedback to leadership.
• Responsible for the implementation and execution of key sales drivers.
• Research and develop key and target account lists utilizing the 80/20 rule and maintain this list in KARMA.
• Participate in community events and activities while representing the winery in a manner consistent with our values and goals.
• Responsible for utilizing sales tools (KARMA, VIP, Nielsen, Power BI) effectively to grow existing business, identify new opportunities and track key initiatives.
• Regularly monitor and analyze market performance to ensure goals are on track to be met.
• Communicate market success stories, brand education, brand information and key market visits via e-mail to your distributor team and TFE team
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field.
• Experience: Significant sales execution management experience with increasing levels of responsibility for strategy and program development.
• Experience with selling spirits and wine.
• Proven success in leading, training, coaching and mentoring high-performance teams.
• Demonstrated leadership and successful track record of achieving results.
• Strong business acumen: know the industry, competition, and trends affecting the business.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication, presentation, negotiation and conflict management skills.
• Strategic planning abilities and experience, with attention to financial budgeting and financial management.
• Demonstrated knowledge of MS Office Suite and software applications related to job functions.
• Knowledge of state and federal liquor laws required.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
• Frequent travel, both by car, air or train
• Ability to lift at least 45 pounds (case of wine)
• Regular working schedule to include evenings and weekends
• Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
• Moderate to heavy physical work
Support & Develop Our People, Focus on Our Customers, Lead & Influence Our Partners