- Oversee all inbound receiving / outbound loading duties
- Ensure that all orders are accurately picked and prepped for all route orders or customer deliveries
- Maintain inventory control, organization and cleanliness of the warehouse
- Coordinate general maintenance of the warehouse, its equipment and truck fleet
- Oversee the completion of all afternoon shift and closing duties for the warehouse team
- Manage a small team of warehouse clerks, including recruiting, training and development
- Fill in for Route Sales Manager, as needed
- Run warehouse deliveries in the absence of a swing route driver, as needed
- Maintain personal and food safety and compliance standards
- Establish and monitor KPIs and address performance areas as needed
- Strive for LEAN processes throughout the operation
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in management or leadership, preferably in a DSD environment
- Previous experience in sales, retail merchandising and customer service
- Ability to use material handling equipment, specifically a forklift and pallet jack
- Valid Driver's License and \"clear\" driving record for past 3 years
- Ability to drive a 16-foot box truck (no CDL required)
- Ability to lift 15-40 pounds
- Highly motivated self-starter with experience in leading a team of individuals
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate tactfully and effectively, both internally and externally
- An enthusiastic, positive, self-motivated, resourceful team player is a must
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunity for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, weekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Training in continuous improvement and project management
- Wonderful Giving ( wonderfulgiving.com ) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health
The Wonderful Sales team is responsible for the sales of Wonderful produce items through supermarkets and retailers across the U.S. and Canada. Our associates support nearly 20,000 stores and are devoted to promoting our high-quality branded products. The team consists of sales professionals, merchandisers, a direct store delivery group in New York, and a Los Angeles-based headquarters staff, which includes finance, analytics, and support.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, visit www.wonderful.com , or follow us on Facebook , Twitter and Instagram .To view the current Corporate Social Responsibility report, visit www.wonderful.com/csr .
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.Disclaimer
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
EEO is the law - click here for more information