Job Location: Hershey, PA
This Sr Ingredient Specialist supports the Director of Dairy procurement, and Manager of Specialty Ingredients to identify changing market conditions and the financial implications for procurement. The ability to see the broader supply chain and have the knowledge to identify impacts, is critical to success. Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work with the Director, Commodity Procurement and Mgr, Ingredient Category Mgmt, to support assigned categories and suppliers to deliver on our growth and CI objectives while ensuring operational effectiveness. Provide both ad hoc and regular analytics to develop an understanding of the category, supply/demand, cost drivers, competing industries, supplier options, regulatory environment.
- Lead category management for assigned ingredient categories, including supplier relationships, contract negotiation, supply continuity plans, and operational troubleshooting. When service or quality issues are unresolved at a given location, escalate as needed and work to successfully resolve which may include financial resolution, expediting deliveries, or establishing new work processes or communications.
- Manage specialty ingredient and dairy SAP contracts, supplier metrics and performance of assigned categories and suppliers. Metrics include but are not limited to CI, PPV, OTIF, inventory, waste, contract and quality performance.
- Collaborate with Procurement, Supply Chain, and other functions to identify and support innovation, continuous improvement and Supply Chain 2.0 initiatives that drive organizational technology capabilities, cost savings, quality improvements, supplier diversity, and working capital improvement, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Economics or related field of study, or equivalent, required
- Knowledge of, or experience in, materials management, sourcing or procurement.
- Agile and flexible to changing demands and workload to ensure timely results.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills. Able to effectively build and manage relationships. Seeks feedback, input, and strives for excellence. Translates information and data into recommendations and actions.
- High self-confidence level, high motivation and the ability to challenge and be challenged.
- Able to work under pressure.
- SAP knowledge
- Intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
Similar jobs to check out:
Overview Meets with key clients to maintain relationships, make presentations to introduce products, provide service and solve problems, negotiate and increase sales. Responsibilities • Leverage product know...
Job Location: Hershey PA Job Summary The Senior Sourcing Specialist will collaborate with various Professional Services organizations across the company, including, but not limited to IS, Human Resource...
Job Location:Hershey, PA Job Summary: The Hershey Technical Center consists of Product Development, Engineering, Pilot Plant operations, Micro and Analytical labs, administrative functions and warehousing activities....