About The Position
The Sustainable Agave Company
Region Salesperson – East and West Food Service
Location: US – Remote (anywhere) with potential for travel
Who We are: The Sustainable Agave Company strives to eliminate agave waste and eliminate single use plastics. We upcycle agave waste as a primary ingredient to create environmentally safe, biodegradable and compostable agave products. Single-use plastics are ubiquitous and environmentally devastating - it is our goal to take these products off the market and out of circulation. We started with straws, and the demand for much more has led us to develop a portfolio of agave fiber products for the foodservice and retail industries. We are constantly innovating - creating new products from agave fiber.
Reports into: Director of Sales
● Work with distributors and brokers in Food Service and C-store spaces to increase market penetration and drive sales
● Drive strong sales and distribution across our portfolio of upcycled disposables
● Leverage your industry network to onboard new accounts, develop existing accounts, manage distribution, and goals within the assigned region.
● Deliver business presentations, create reasonable action plans, follow up and meet customer deadlines.
● Effective account planning, sales execution, marketing implementation. Conducts business reviews to measure progress against plan.
● Responsible for effective forecasting, budgeting, time and expense reporting.
POS budgets tied to Region.
● Maintain superior customer service to exceed customer expectations.
● Research and track competitive activity within the region.
● Attend industry trade shows as needed.
● Executing trade promotions within approved spending guidelines.
● Support company culture by embracing The Sustainable Agave Company’s values and mission.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong work ethic, relationship-building skills, and a track record of success.
- Effective presentation skills and the ability to passionately articulate the Sustainable Agave story, mission and key differentiators vs. competition.
- Entrepreneurial work spirit with excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
- 3+ years experience in sales
- Highly effective communicator that has experience forecasting, negotiating and executing.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and fast pace required from a company in high growth mode.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to meet individual and company goals.
- Ability to execute strategies and respond to individual market conditions.
- Past experience representing paper goods or disposables and or in distribution a plus