About The Position
We are a fast-growing, family owned and operated wine and spirits company! Significant opportunity within the organization!
The Market Sales Manager is responsible for delivering volume, distribution, and merchandising performance across the market (Massachusetts - Boston). Responsibility covers all channels of business, in both on and off-premise.
- Manage Company brand portfolio within assigned geography.
- Actively develop and manage relationships with wholesaler personnel
- Ensure the planning and implementation of sales programming in all markets
- Ensure POS and other marketing assets are utilized in the field with correct programs
- Participate in the development of program-specific POS
- Call on and activate Key Accounts
- Implement creative programs to activate the consumer, including product sampling, etc.
- Spend time each month surveying the market to ensure that distribution, pricing, POS, displays, programs, menus, and ads are executed to standard
- Travel when appropriate to observe business conditions and to call on key buyers, distributor personnel, and interact and work with Company sales personnel
- Participate in Company and wholesaler planning and sales meetings
- Ensure all Company SKUs are priced properly and within defined standards
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Good knowledge of the art and science of wholesaler programming and pricing
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to direct the Company brands
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with little direction or supervision; “self-starter”
- Willing to be very “hands-on” to get the job accomplished.
- Financially responsible and knowledgeable in budget management
- Proficient in Microsoft suite including Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent communication skills, particularly verbal, including strong presentation skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive and travel 4-5 days per week required
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in the wine and spirits industry
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit
- Frequently required to travel
- Frequently required to talk and hear