About The Position
The South Texas District Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive 360 programming for our Spirits portfolio.
Summary: The South Texas District Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive 360 programming for our Spirits portfolio. The position will create and execute a go to market strategy to meet sales targets and alignment with the brands’ goals and objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The duties and responsibilities include the following, though other duties may be assigned.
· Develops and/or implements market strategy, programming, sales coordination, merchandising plan, and distribution.
· Directs, coordinates, and manages the execution of marketing efforts in designated market to meet organizational goals and objectives.
· Develops and maintains relationships with key stakeholders (consumers, accounts, distributors); utilizes relationships to build/grow the brand.
· Leads detailed analysis across Spirits portfolio identifying relevant consumer and customer trends and insights; seeks out innovative ways to continuously build brands; ensures key stakeholders remain aware of the same.
· Delivers actionable insights to the sales and marketing teams regarding activity; regularly visits markets to gather intel on brand performance and positioning.
· Develops and presents semiannual business review to the business unit and key cross-functional partners.
· Manages key communication to the organization (distributor management and commercial spirits managers) regarding programming, performance, and brand strategy updates.
· Manages timelines for Sales and Brand Plans in coordination with the annual planning calendar ensuring Market Plans meet brand and organizational objectives.
· Provides oversight and leadership to assigned team; assigns tasks, evaluates performance, ensures department meets departmental goals and objectives.
· Develops and manages assigned budget.
· Be the master of your own schedule, prioritizing time spent visiting accounts to meet and exceed monthly sales goals
· Responsible for training and management of local Market Managers.
· Ensure all administrative duties are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Superior verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to work independently.
· Strong presentation skills, including networking and public speaking.
· Proven ability to lead a team, set goals and objectives, and evaluate performance.
· Ability to travel 30%-40% of the time.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of sales experience within the Spirits or Wine industry, preferably with premium and super premium spirits, retail (key) performance management, territory management (budget, pricing, and tools) and distributor performance management
· 2+ years supervisory/management experience, a plus
· Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
· Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
· Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
· Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills
· Business minded and able to execute administrative obligations in a timely manner
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Extensive travel within territory is required
· Requires some work on nights/weekends