About The Position
The Florida State Manager will be responsible for the development and implementation of comprehensive programming to meet sales targets and alignment with the brands’ goals and objective. Candidate should reside in either Tampa or SFL.
Position Title: State Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Division Name: Southwest Spirits
Supervisor’s Title: Regional V.P.
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The State Manager is responsible for successful execution of the market strategy within their designated territory, including budget management, pricing, retail and chain management as well as personnel management and development. As the direct representative of the company’s portfolio, this position is accountable for achieving sales goals and distribution targets, distributor program planning and inventory projections as well as developing strong relationships with key customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Deliver key sales and commercial targets to achieve fiscal year sales goals through channel focused tactics and set action plans.
· Develop, implement, and execute annual budgets, sales programs, and pricing strategy.
· Responsible for all aspects of distributor management including annual channel programming, KPI management, budgets, and pricing.
· Lead the account segmentation process focusing the brands against the right consumer in the right accounts, while maintaining key account relationships.
· Drive distribution and sales in the top on- and off-premise beacon accounts in local territory market(s) leveraging strong selling skills and prioritizing and long-term relationship building over short-term placements and incentives.
· Lead training of distributor sales force, retailers and wait staff to facilitate their understanding and buy-in of brand intrinsic, history, role, plans and tools.
· Collate and share best practices and learning across the wider Commercial Management Team and Company Leadership Team, as well as within the distributor network.
· Ongoing coaching, mentoring and professional development for direct report(s), if applicable.
· Conduct quarterly market analysis surveys/KPI audits in designated territory.
· Conduct mid-year and annual planning and review meetings with all distributors, to actively identify areas of market opportunity and address accordingly.
· Provide monthly reports and status/accomplishments recap to Supervisor.
· Manage budgets and goals to ensure programs are executed within budgeted guidelines.
· Complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
Strategic Partner Relationship Responsibilities
· Serve as the local point of contact for distributor personnel and maintain regular contact and communication between all relevant parties.
· Responsible for distributor programming and lead chain management.
· Visit distributor and key accounts on a regular monthly cadence.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years of sales experience in the wine and spirits industry, preferably with premium and super premium spirits, retail (key) performance management, territory management (budget, pricing, and tools) and distributor performance management. Only candidates with prior experience in the industry will be considered.
· 2+ years supervisory/management experience, a plus
· Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery
· Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
· Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
· Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills
· Business minded and able to execute administrative obligations in a timely manner
· Quality computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
· Requires some work on nights/weekends