Overview and Position Summary
Now, more than ever, companies need to engage with their customers digitally. At Southern Glazer’s, we capitalized on the shift toward digital by launching the Proof™ program – our multi-pronged digital transformation initiative encompassing our sales team, service department and our customers. A critical component of the Proof program was the launch of our industry-leading B2B eCommerce site SGProof.com.
With SGProof.com, we are giving our customers a digital way to shop and manage their business. Southern Glazer’s customers can order products, check pricing and deals, review their open orders, pay invoices, check on delivery status and so much more. We are thrilled with the explosive growth and want to take it further by investing in new capabilities which further extend our leadership position.
As a Digital Product Owner, you will report to the Director, Proof Commerce and play a central role designing, building, launching and maintaining key B2B eCommerce capabilities for Southern Glazer’s.
Given the multifaceted nature of the role, the right candidate is an individual who is:
• A problem solver, who is self-directed, proactive, and comfortable with uncertainty and ambiguity
• A strategist, who can help define and articulate a clear vision and the tactics to achieve it
• A technologist, who is fluent with enterprise-level eCommerce and able to translate how technology supports business objectives
• An entrepreneur, who understands how to create and capture value, and how to take an idea from concept to operational reality with a bias for action
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as product owner guiding the design, build and launch of new eCommerce capabilities as leader of a fast-paced scrum delivery team.
• Facilitate requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, feature development, dependency identification, risk mitigation, and user acceptance testing.
• Contribute to the product roadmap and backlog for portion of eCommerce portfolio.
• Partner with cross-functional teams regularly to ensure alignment on feature development and prioritization as part of Scaled Agile delivery model.
• Partner with IT to manage the roadmap and backlog to ensure that IT delivers all capabilities on time and per expectation.
• Monitor and evaluate product performance to ensure constant product iteration and improvements with digital operations team.
• 3+ years in B2B or B2C eCommerce product management and digital operations
• Experience and certifications with SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris), Salesforce, Adobe or Google Analytics highly valued.
• Agile or Scaled Agile (SAFe) experience and certifications highly valued.
• Enterprise-level wholesale channel distribution experience a plus, but not required
• Successful track record of developing products within deadlines
• Analytical, data-driven problem solver
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent selling, negotiating and influencing skills
• A customer service mindset
• Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills
• Determined to get things done
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field required
• Masters degree is preferred
• Required 5 or more years of IT work experience with a focus on business system integration
• Required one full cycle Global B2B or B2C Hybris eCommerce digital transformation experience
• Required Certification/s with SAP (Hybris) and Salesforce
• Requires knowledge of SOAP, REST API, Hybris Hot-folder and Cronjobs, and SAP Hybris eCommerce integration with enterprise applications in both synchronous and asynchronous modes.
• Requires experience with SAP Hybris eCommerce platform (B2B), data modeling, catalog structure, flexible queries, Impex, Gherkin format, and Agile methodology.