This position will report to the Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits Legal Department and enhance the effectiveness of the SGWS Internal Investigations teams' functions by providing analytical support, administrative reporting, and case management services for this large, multi-national privately-held company. Southern Glazer's
is the premier beverage distributor for world-class wines and leading spirits brands - the only comprehensive North American beverage distribution footprint. Southern Glazer's employs more than 20,000 team members, distributing more than 150 million cases of wine and spirits annually across 44 U.S. markets, the District of Columbia, Canada, and the Caribbean. Duties and Responsibilities Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support any and all functional areas of the SGWS Internal Investigations programs, with specific focus on Legal/Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Employee Relations (ER) complaint-investigations. Manage and maintain the designated business intelligence applications (i.e., NAVEX Global Incident Management) and other case-management systems and databases related to the Internal Investigations programs. Administer, manage and track Internal Investigations for the duration of each matter:
Identify system deficiencies and propose possible solutions; strive for creative and continuous improvement and development of best record-keeping practices. Create and produce recurring and ad-hoc business-intelligence reports for the Legal Department, HR/ER and SGWS business leaders, relative to the EEO and other internal complaint investigation-resolution programs, enabling the organization to gain awareness of issues, identify trends and manage risk. Responsible for the design and structure of these reports, with input from relevant stakeholders
- Review and triage incoming Hotline and web-reported complaints
- Notify and Consult with Legal and ER as appropriate to assess new matters
- Set up, input and monitor new complaints, investigative assignments and case entries
- Ensure that the case management system and associated databases are current/accurate, by updating regularly and promptly uploading notes, reports and investigative materials
- Communicate deadlines and benchmarks to relevant team members
- Follow up on any needed updates-materials, consistent with established workflows
- Enter data and upload materials for case closure and document management processes
- Track and manage post-investigation follow up, to confirm and document that the recommended actions (trainings, etc.) have been completed
- Expert-level ability to export, organize and present statistical and analytical information, using a variety of metrics
- Inventiveness in the presentation and explanation of statistical data highly desired.
- Administer One Drive and/or other platforms relevant to document-control of resource materials associated with the investigational programs, training and education.
- Assist the Sr. Director-EEO Investigations and VP, Employee Relations, Policy & Compliance with special, intermittent and recurring projects (e.g., preparing materials for training events, updating work-product templates and materials).
- Manage and maintain the legacy Legal/EEO-Investigations Archive
- Actively participate in Legal Department and ER team projects and initiatives (to be determined and assigned annually and/or as necessary)
- Participate in new-hire employee orientations, as requested
- Compose routine correspondence, and prepare reports and responses to records requests, based on instructions from Legal and ER leadership
- High school diploma or equivalency plus 3 years of relevant experience
- Ability to attain expert competency in the NAVEX One platform and other data visualization dashboards, including reporting metrics in a variety of formats.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, develop charts and complex formulas.
- Ability to understand legal documents and internal reports and extract key terms and information.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and written/verbal communication skills; ability and willingness to develop and facilitate solid working relationships.
- Strong time-management skills and ability to satisfactorily complete recurring-ongoing projects, as well as adjust to and accommodate time-sensitive and unanticipated assignments.
- Highly analytical and creative professional, adept at issue management and problem solving. Ability and willingness to identify system deficiencies and propose possible solutions, striving for continuous improvement and development of best record-keeping practices and reporting dashboards.
- Accuracy and attention to detail necessary to process attorney-client work product and sensitive information.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel , NAVEX One case management and/or other software applications and platforms related to this job functions.
- Associate Degree or Paralegal Certificate
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor)
- Physical demands with activity or condition may include occasional to rare amount of time include walking, bending, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
- Occasional travel may be required within the U.S., for example to attend off-site trainings, meetings and team-building events.