About The Position
Sopexa USA, a leading global food and beverage marketing agency with a rich history working with wine-producing regions from all over Europe is looking for a Senior Account Manager to join the team in NYC. Come join us!
SOPEXA is hiring a full-time Senior Account Manager for its NYC office
- 4+ years in an account management role, preferably at a marketing or advertising agency
- Strategic and analytical skills in order to accompany clients in building marketing strategies
- Experience in different marketing channels including digital and traditional with media, event and/or PR exposure
- Overall knowledge of the US market and US consumer trends
- Experience with European and/or French clients doing business in the U.S. a plus
- Experience and skilled in negotiations with partners and vendors
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills to handle multiple clients and campaigns
- Experience with budget-building
- Communication skills to coordinate multiple channels, stakeholders and processes
- Strong writing skills and ability to formulate and present strategic insights
- Interest for the food and beverage industries; foodies and wine enthusiasts encouraged
- Good interpersonal and presentation skills
- Comfortable under pressure
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S and/or hold a permanent working permit
- Language skills a strong plus specifically French or Portuguese
- Support the Client Services Director across their account portfolio
- Act as the lead point of contact for 3-5 clients local and international
- Serve as the creative champion from strategy to execution
- Be the team’s for the client brief and objectives
- Build quarterly and annual KPI reports on campaigns
- Galvanize, optimize and help grow your client’s portfolio
- Manage attributed accounts workload and maintain optimal gross margins
- Contribute to internal financial and profitability management of your accounts
- Manage and mentor at least one account manager
- Leads RFP responses with the help of the PR, digital, trade and events team.
- Work towards developing business with existing clients by presenting strategies, ideas and program to expand relationships
- Stay abreast of trends and newsworthy information that could be valuable to clients, to the success of marketing programs and to potential opportunities with existing clients.
- Participate in the drafting and the negotiations of client and vendor contracts to maximize costs and opportunities
- Build budgets alongside marketing plans in RFPs to optimize costs and gross margins respecting guidelines provided by management
- Manage the budget during the execution of the plan and report on a regular basis on costs and margins staying as true as possible to the established budget while pro-actively flagging any potential issues down the road.
- Pro-actively propose measures and solutions to rectify and arising problems during the activation of the plan
Sopexa is an international food, beverage & lifestyle communications agency implementing creative and effective 360° marketing campaigns for brands and collective organizations. With in-depth knowledge of the global food and wine industry and long-standing relationship with its key players, Sopexa advises and assists clients in developing their business in the U.S. and overseas while championing food & drink trends today and shape those of tomorrow. Sopexa has offices in 24 countries, is 250+ employees strong and is part of the Hopscotch Groupe headquartered in Paris.
The Sopexa team in the U.S. manages brand strategy, PR, digital, social and influencer, event management, trade marketing, shopper marketing and retailer partnership programs in-house for over 35 clients in the food and beverage industries.