About The Position
SmartyPants is looking for a Key Initiatives Project Manager who will act as project lead on all activities that impact or extend the current product portfolio from ideation to execution.
SmartyPants is looking for a motivated, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for the Project Manager position at a leading CPG start-up brand in preventative health. This is a highly cross-functional and visible role with opportunity for growth. This position is fast-paced and collaborative, it’s a chance to have an impact on the organization daily.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as project lead on all activities that impact or extend the current product portfolio from ideation to execution
- Manage project timelines, resources, communications, and budget to ensure on-time delivery
- Plan and coordinate all cross-functional activities related to projects
- Work closely with Operations and Product Development to identify and highlight risks to production and fulfillment as it relates to projects
- Align with Fulfillment and Accounting as needed to support addition of new SKUs and customers through launch
- Work closely with Marketing, Quality Assurance & Regulatory Affairs, and Sales to align on goals, develop, and execute a go-to-market plan
- Lead external and internal project meetings
- Work with vendors and manufacturers for capability understanding and action tracking
- Support developing systems in Operations to support transition of new products and changes to existing products and identify needs for process improvement
- Provide support to new product and innovation project transitions as needed
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5 years of experience in project management or cross-functional leadership roles
- Fundamental understanding of project management methodologies
- Experience in consumer product goods industry
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all personality types and behaviors; flexibility
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, fast paced environment with aggressive timelines
What you’ll get:
- Robust benefits package with employer contribution
- Monthly wellness perks
- Flexible work hours
- FREE SmartyPants Vitamins plus a friends & family discount
- Dog-friendly office
- Casual dress code & open office environment
- Volunteer opportunities
- A rewarding career at a company with a strong mission, great culture, and super fun, passionate people
SmartyPants is a fast-moving and mission-driven company that values transparency, excellence, and transformation. Our headquarters in Marina del Rey are a former architect's office, a two-story space where we work in an open environment with no elevator access to our 2nd floor offices. We have a communal garden and we are dog-friendly, often with several pups in the office at any given time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as the working environment is open and has no doors or cubicles. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SmartyPants Vitamins is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
SmartyPants, Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing Los Angeles based supplement company focused on providing premium all-in-one vitamins for the entire family. From the start, SmartyPants Vitamins has been about family, authenticity and a core commitment to our collective well-being. SmartyPants believes in making it easier to stay healthy by providing best-in-class products that also taste great.
We're industry leaders in testing, transparency and advocacy, from sourcing the highest-quality ingredients to testing and packaging. We have an appreciation for the comedy and intensity that comes from working in a company with explosive growth and a strong sense of social responsibility. We believe in giving back by making a matching nutrient grant donation to a child in need for every bottle we sell.
SmartyPants was ranked on the Inc. 5000 list in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and also cited as the 25th fastest growing company in Los Angeles by the LABJ. Designed and made in California.