About The Position
Selected Estates of Europe
JOB TITLE: Wine Sales Representative
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Sales Representative will visit current and new accounts daily as you analyze their usage, prepare and deliver presentations, manage client inventory levels, ensure preferred brand visibility, obtain payments from accounts and manage customer accounts receivables. Candidate will be responsible for new business development of accounts/clients along with growing existing accounts. The ideal candidate will be responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier brands to the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communication that enables the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
● Partner with VP to strategize/preplan on how best to achieve sales and merchandising objectives by understanding company pricing and product programming information on a monthly basis and maintaining accurate historical account purchase information.
● Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
● Partner with VP to develop an effective sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine distribution within an established or growing customer base.
● Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to possible fluctuations in demand.
● Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
● Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale materials when appropriate.
● Obtains payments for company by collecting payment when needed for respective accounts.
● Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
● Attends and participates in industry related trade shows.
● Arrives to meetings, appointments and other work-related functions.
● Plans and executes tasting events within their respective retail accounts.
● Schedules appointments with accounts during supplier visits.
● Managing and growing an existing territory in Westchester and Hudson Valley, with an emphasis on customer relationships, on and off premise accounts.
● Expanding our reach by opening new accounts.
● Preferably based out of Westchester County.
● Incentivized contests and trips to suppliers in Italy.
● Ability to hold a Solicitor’s Permit where required.
● Valid driver’s license and ability to operate a motor vehicle preferred. Personal vehicle required.
● A minimum of two years in sales or industry related experience.
● An understanding of wine is required.
● Must be a results oriented professional with excellent verbal/written communication skills; uses diplomacy and discretion.
● Strong customer service orientation.
● Strong work ethic and relationship-building skills.
● Ability to multi-task, work independently and/or within a team, pay attention to detail and meet deadlines.
● Full-Time / Open availability