Buffalo Trace Distillery is an American family-owned company based in Frankfort, Franklin County, Kentucky. The Distillery's rich tradition dates back to 1773 and includes such legends as E.H. Taylor, Jr., George T. Stagg, Albert B. Blanton, Orville Schupp, and Elmer T. Lee.
Buffalo Trace Distillery is a fully operational Distillery producing bourbon, rye and vodka on site and is a National Historic Landmark as well as is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The Distillery has won 17 distillery titles since 2000 from such notable publications as Whisky Magazine, Whisky Advocate Magazine and Wine Enthusiast Magazine . It was named "Brand Innovator of the Year" by Whisky Magazine at its Icons of Whisky America Awards 2015. Buffalo Trace Distillery has also garnered more than 300 awards for its wide range of premium whiskies. The distillery is part of the Sazerac family of companies.
For more information, please visit www.buffalotracedistillery.com or www.sazerac.com . Job Description/Responsibilities
The Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for providing supervision to the warehouse operation according to the standards set by federal, state and local agencies and company policy; coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production; maintains entry and regauge as directed by manager; responsible for solving production related problems, and directs union personnel to meet production needs.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATION
- Directly supervise union employees, including development, training, coaching, and administrative duties. Under the direction of Warehouse leadership, evaluate inventory transfers for bulk and barrel inventory. Maintain quality specifications within the warehouse department. Maintain accurate records for barrel management, institutional knowledge transfer and transition of daily activities.
- Implement continuous improvement techniques and systems to improve warehouse operations. Maintain current successful systems and provide feedback to support the continuous improvement efforts.
- Continuously work on safety initiatives to improve safety performance. Document all safety related incidents, investigate root cause and ensure safety standards are maintained daily. Continuously evaluate and improve upon safety standards, methods, processes and equipment. Ensure adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Lead the Warehouse team in implementing and documenting the SOPs. Optimize and audit each process to improve inventory integrity and process control.
- Work closely with my Manager to improve a work related skill(s), which will lead to my improved performance, benefit my professional growth as well as the company's success.
- Ensure proper barrel handling and tracking in appropriate systems.
- Develop10QCL Program for the distillery side and support needed maintenance work order planning and prioritization in the Warehouse.
- Support the bar coding procedures and help manage the systems implementation in the Aging Warehouse.
- Coordinate load scheduling and demand planning. Maintain the quality of the used barrels.
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of samples provided for sampling. Document sample coverage.
- Through personal example and direct management, create an environment that supports self-directed work teams and productive employee relations while maintaining compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreements and Company Policies.
- Ensure KPI goals are achieved or exceeded.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 2 years of related work experience
- Solid computer skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Requires Supervisory experience
- Experience managing in a union environment