Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities Ignite your sales career with Fireball!
The Market Development Representative
will be responsible for achieving volume and distribution goals for brands across Sazerac's portfolio. This role will build brands, maximize distribution and be the main point of contact for both on and off premise accounts in the designated territory.
Additional responsibilities for the Market Development Representative
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Directly manage solutions to grow their assigned accounts business, while driving results that deliver market share growth for Sazerac brands.
- Achieve volume objectives for the brand state priorities.
- Plan and implement programs to deliver distribution and display objectives to grow volume and share
- Develop mutually valuable relationships with assigned customers, through understanding their key needs and requirements.
- Ensures the correct products and standards are delivered to customers in a timely manner and serves as the communication lead between key customers, wholesalers and internal teams.
- Use consultative selling to show retailers the value of reflecting national suggested retail price.
- Drives results on space to sales and concept selling in assigned accounts.
- Monitor agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) with key customers.
- Support Market Development Manager/State Manager with brand building, programming, and distribution activities with customers.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant professional experience, preferably in consumer goods, or combination of sales-specific education/curriculum, internship experience or professional sales certification
- A valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Willingness to Travel
- Must be able to obtain a relevant solicitor's permit in any state
- Candidate must reside in or near the territory
- Must be able to personally pay or charge ordinary and necessary business expenses that will be timely reimbursed
- Minimum 2 years sales experience
- Market development and sales analysis experience
- Strong ability to self-manage and manage schedule to achieve results
- Experience building customer relationships