Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview The Glenmore Distillery
has been a fixture in the Owensboro Community since the late 1800s. Originally called the Monarch Distillery, James Thompson re-named it The Glenmore Distillery after the Glenmore Castle near his birthplace in County Derry, Northern Ireland. During Prohibition, The Glenmore Distillery was fortunate enough to be one of four distilleries in the country allowed to operate on a limited scale for medicinal necessity.
Surviving tragedies such as flood and fire, the distillery went on to fill its two millionth barrel of whiskey in 1946. In 1973 it was producing 540 barrels a day. Although distilling operations ceased in 1973, bottling and warehousing continued at The Glenmore Distillery.
In March of 2009 the Sazerac Company purchased the distillery and reprised the name The Glenmore Distillery. The Distillery boasts one of the largest and most modern bottling facilities in the country and continues to be a sizable employer in the city of Owensboro, KY.
For more information, please visit www.sazerac.com. Job Description/Responsibilities The Glenmore Distillery
is currently seeking applicants for an Electrician/Electronics Tech. The successful candidate will have the ability to perform the following:
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify & install wiring conduit, electrical apparatuses, control equipment, fixtures & other equipment such as PLC's, variable speed drives, etc.
- Use hand tools, power tools & other tools consistent with the above described tasks
- Read & interpret electrical sketches, drawings, blueprints and PLC programs
- Modify & write PLC programs, program variable speed drives
- Perform work in a manner consistent with accepted practices, required specifications and with company work, safety, and housekeeping rules
- Understand & follow applicable local, state, and federal codes, including the National Electrical Code & NFPA 70E
- Understand & capable of using testing equipment (multi-meters, amp-probes, etc.)
- Utilize a computer or hand programmer
- HS Diploma of GED
- Experience utilizing electrical skills in a manufacturing, production, or construction environment
- WorkKeys Assessment scores = Applied Mathematics (5), Graphic Literacy (4), Workplace Documents (4), and Workplace Observation (4) (NOTE: Scores must be submitted with resume and must have been obtained within the past 5 years.)
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Completion of electrical trades or engineering technology program
*Successful applicants will be administered Aptitude, Comprehension, Logic and Reasoning evaluations.