About The Position
Rogue is an open, inclusive company committed to fostering a diverse, equitable workplace. We're looking for a dynamic leader to help grow our spirits division.
Rogue is an open, inclusive company committed to fostering a diverse, equitable workplace.
At Rogue our mantra is Dare, Risk, Dream. This is an attitude that comes from relentless curiosity and a drive to question, create and inspire. A DIY spirit runs through everything we do and make. We aren't afraid to think big, get messy and risk it all when it comes to creating authentic, innovative products that we are passionate about.
As our spirits division continues to grow at a triple digit pace, we’re looking for a high energy, dynamic sales leader to enhance our go to market strategy and lead a growing sales team across the western United States.
The Director of Sales position focuses on delivering sales and distribution through the building of partnerships with wholesalers. Duties also include managing and coaching a team of Territory Sales Managers and Market Managers. This position helps build awareness of Rogue bottled spirits and canned cocktails by improving the availability and visibility of our products in large volume and/or high-profile accounts. The ideal candidate will live in Portland, Oregon, or another major west coast city.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an annual business plan for assigned wholesalers and identify resources needed to successfully execute the plan.
- Establish relationships and maintain a high level of interaction and communication with wholesaler partners.
- Effectively communicate, manage, and coach the Rogue Sales team to ensure flawless execution against agreed upon programs.
- Identify and set volume and distribution objectives with distributors, develop selling and action plan to successfully meet objectives.
- Partner with the internal marketing team to create and deliver programs that are consistent with Rogue’s overall brand image and awareness.
- Prepare and present trimester reviews for management highlighting execution against plan and opportunities.
- Plan and manage resources to address market opportunities.
- Analyze internal and external data to develop fact-based presentations that support annual business plans.
- More than five years’ experience selling alcoholic beverages to wholesaler networks.
- Established connections with key distributors are essential.
- Wholesaler experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of beverage marketing and sales.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and physical demands satisfactory with or without reasonable accommodations. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals are not entitled to the accommodation of their choosing, and unreasonable accommodations, or accommodations that constitute an undue burden, will be denied.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. The noise levels will vary based on location.
Duties include frequent travel within the Western United States.
(approximately 60% travel, under normal business conditions)
You’ll get to work in a fun, fast and energetic work environment. We are a group of people who believe in the power of creating things in small batches by hand and in building things ourselves. If you love craft beers, spirits and canned cocktails, this is the place to be. Generous paid time off (PTO), 401(k) matching, pet benefits, comprehensive health insurance and more!