Formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources. Responsibilities
• Selects and assigns department personnel as required to meet the established departmental operating schedules, ensuring those all-departmental commitments for product receiving, stowage, truck loading and delivery services are met.
• Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Responsible for ensuring that installed security systems, procedures, and measures are in proper working order, that their use and implementation are clearly understood by warehouse employees and that they are utilized and enforced in order to eliminate pilferage and loss of product.
• Responsible for inventoried items ensuring that they are properly stored in designated locations in order to facilitate access for delivery and that storage guidelines and procedures are observed in order to safeguard the inventory and to maximize product quality and shelf life.
• Ensures that un-saleable items, undelivered orders and other products temporarily removed from the warehouse inventory are properly handled, controlled, and accounted for in an accurate and timely manner.
• Ensures that regular physical inventories are conducted with product consistently accounted for within the appropriate range.
• Directly supervises the maintenance and proper operation of the warehouse conveyor system and all other material handling equipment.
• Directly supervises the care, and maintenance of all delivery trucks and vehicles, including communications systems.
• Participates in a cross functional team focused on cargo security programs and procedures. Supports the company's participation in the cargo security program called Customs - Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT), and attends annual training internally or externally on security and threat awareness. Maintains the C-TPAT cargo security requirements, supplied by the Customs Compliance Manager, for the department.
• Possession of and operating a motor vehicle to access customer accounts for delivery, promotion, and efficient and prompt sales and other key activities. Qualifications
Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Requires a current, valid state driver's license
• Ability to meet vehicle insurance requirements as defined by the Company
• Forklift Certification
• Ability to be bonded
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state (i.e. TABC License - Texas)
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.