About The Position
We are looking for a PaQui California State Manager to build distribution and manage key general market off and on-premise accounts throughout the state.
PaQuí is a luxury tequila crafted to the smoothest Tequila in the world with a taste profile that optimizes the flavors and aromas of the Blue Agave. The name PaQui is the Aztec word that means “to be happy” and the brand was developed to capture the dangerous fun of the tequila category.
PaQui is currently being distributed in California by Martinez Brands. Martinez Brands is a Los Angeles based distributor with an impressive Mexican heritage brand portfolio and focus on the key off-premise Hispanic market accounts throughout California.
We are looking for a PaQui California State Manager to build distribution and manage key general market off and on-premise accounts throughout the state. The focus will be on selling the PaQui brand as well as the other brands in the Martinez Brands portfolio.
The State Manager position is responsible for delivering assigned volume and distribution goals the market with the following key responsibilities:
- Build brand partnerships with 100+ assigned on/off-premise key accounts
- Establish product distribution in the assigned account list
- Train and educate the staff in each assigned account
- Sell-in sampling promotions to assigned accounts and leverage them into orders
- Merchandise assigned accounts with POS and displays
- Secure drink features on account drink menus
- Track, measure and report on weekly and monthly results
The State Manager reports directly to PaQui U.S. General Manager for strategic brand direction and to the Martinez Brands President for local market direction.
This position works with minimal day to day supervision and a high degree of accountability for results delivery. Self-discipline, organization and independent judgment are required.
POSITION SKILLSET REQUIREMENTS
- Prior beverage alcohol sales experience is a must for this position
- Tequila category knowledge, expertise and passion
- Experience working with a major distributor in the market
- Strong knowledge local market knowledge with existing relationships with key accounts
- Ability to work independently and to plan their own time and activities
- Comfortable working on a high-performance, fast paced entrepreneurial team
- Detailed oriented, highly organized with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Willing to work full-time, non-traditional hours
- Comfortable with cold calling on accounts to sell in distribution and programming
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand, manage and responsibly track assigned budgets
- Computer proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and web-based reporting tools
- Experience utilizing social media tools to amplify results
- Good credit history with a clean driving record and own transportation
- Mexican heritage and language skills preferred
- College degree preferred