About The Position
Ocean’s Halo is looking for an Senior Accounting Manager to undertake all aspects of the accounting department including corporate accounting, cash management, financial reporting and development of internal control policies and procedures.
This position will be overseeing all aspects of day to day accounting responsibilities with the potential to oversee other financial aspects of the business in the future. We are a small but mighty team looking to add an accounting specialist team member who is experienced, dedicated, self-driven, and excited to achieve ambitious goals. This role is hybrid with both remote and option to work from our HQ in Burlingame, CA.
- Manage all financial and accounting operations, including monthly and year end close
- Timely preparation and publishing of monthly financial statements according to GAAP
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Execute accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including invoicing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, procurement and general ledger accounting;
- Manage cash balances; monitors daily balances, receipts and disbursements
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Manages ad hoc projects and initiatives as assigned
- Wholesale CPG industry experience
- 8+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with inventory accounting/tracking and creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month end/year end close process
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills
- 100% target-oriented, with a sharp analytical mind
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Desire to be part of a small business team and willingness to roll up your sleeves and work across functional groups
- Positive attitude, a thirst for knowledge, and an excitement for growing our business
About Ocean's Halo: Our story starts with two dads who grew up on potato chips and two dads who grew up on seaweed. We experimented in our own kitchens and did lots of taste testing with our families. Dozens of versions later, we knew we had cracked the code with umami-rich, seaweed-based snacks that were delicious and healthy. In the years since, we've created a whole ocean of new foods (and drinks!) that are authentically delicious, packed with vitamins and minerals, and have none of the bad stuff like GMOs, trans fats or artificial anything. Because seaweed is the most sustainable crop on the planet, our products are a whole lot better for the environment than other stuff you'll see on the shelves. We're really proud of what we're creating here at Ocean's Halo, and we're thrilled we get to bring our authentic Asian-inspired foods to the market.
Compensation: Salary, Eligible for Year End Bonus subject to performance, 401k, Equity Incentive Stock option plan available to employees after 6 months of employment, Complimentary product
1424 Chapin Ave, Burlingame, CA, USA