About The Position
Job Title: On Premise Sales Representative
Location: Greater Attleboro to Blackstone Valley Area
Who we are: Founded in Boston in 1933, M.S. Walker is a 5th-generation, family-owned wine and spirits importer and distributor, a spirits bottler, and a national supplier. We serve On-Premise and Off-Premise establishments throughout the Northeast, with direct operations in Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey and Rhode Island and brokerage operations in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont. We represent a budding portfolio of wine and spirits nationwide, including our own brands, and we strive to offer the most prestigious portfolio in the industry. M.S. Walker has built our foundation and future on our people – our employees are truly our greatest asset. Our company boasts a diverse pool of exceptionally special team members who each bring their unique skills and experience to the organization.
What we are looking for: M.S. Walker has an immediate opening for an On-Premise Sales Representative for the Greater Attleboro to Blackstone Valley Area. The position will be responsible for covering On Premise accounts for the Greater Attleboro to Blackstone Valley Area in an established territory. This wine savvy individual will have a documented track record, strong relationship skills, goal oriented, and highly motivated with 5+ years OP experience. Responsible for maximizing the sales of supplier brands of the trade through effective territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating that permits achievement of company and supplier objectives.
• Calls on accounts and covers daily routes by creating an established and efficient routing pattern.
• Analyzes entire account base by visiting each account and identifying opportunities; completes all necessary surveys and ensures national account compliance
• Survey the market; know and understand primary competition and how they are situated within the market.
• Develop new business and maintain existing distributor and trade relationships.
• Implementation of on-premise core SKU/brand in field.
• Prepares and delivers professional sales presentations to customers by balancing the company’s priorities and customer’s needs to include selling menu concepts,
new products, well and back bar placements, drink and wine lists, and promotions.
• Understands and works with management on inventory levels by being aware of current inventory and out of stock situations and by alerting management to
possible fluctuations in demand.
• Attains standards of performance goals by achieving the distribution, volume and activity goals of supplier brands as set by management.
• Ensures maximum brand visibility within accounts by maintaining account standards as determined by management and using effective and current point of sale
materials when appropriate.
• Educates account staff on priority brands by administering educational staff training seminars.
• Maintains professional relationships with all suppliers by participating in effective supplier work with sales calls, and sales blitzes.
• Remains informed of company/supplier activities and updates by attending and actively participating in weekly sales meetings.
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Who you are: If you have a passion for wine, an appreciation for the burgeoning craft/artisan spirits market, love for the competitive sport of selling, and seek an opportunity to work alongside some of the most interesting people and producers you’ll ever meet, be advised that we are actively seeking an experienced, polished professional looking to take his or her career to the next level.
• Minimum 3 - 5 years’ experience in wine and spirit sales
• Experience in the wine and spirits industry preferred
• Relationship building and selling skills a must
• Ability to walk, sit, stand, reach overhead and lift up to 45lbs
• Valid driver’s license required
Functions necessary to complete the above listed requirements of job description:
Computation Skills: Frequently
Lift/Carry 0-55 lbs: Frequently
Reach Overhead: Occasionally
Use of Computer: Frequently
Verbal Communication: Continuously
Occasionally = 0-2 Hours Daily
Frequently = 3-5 Hours Daily
Continuously = 6-10 Hours Daily
Benefits: We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
We offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
- Medical and Dental coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Vision coverage through VSP
- 11 paid holidays annually
- Paid sick days
- Vacation time
- 401K program through Fidelity Investments
- Disability & Life Insurance packages
- Career advancement opportunities
- Discount fitness memberships
- Work/Life resources