About The Position
The path to making stunning whiskey is to start with the whiskey consumer in mind. From there, a whiskey maker must work backwards to ensure methods to create beautiful liquid. It’s not merely about building a distillery and hoping for excellence four years later. As such, the Milam & Greene team distills in both Kentucky on giant column stills and in Texas on small 1,000 and 300-gallon pot stills. Warehousing and aging take place across four states in different casks for a variety of flavors. Finishing, blending, batching, proofing, and bottling are all done at our distillery in Blanco, Texas. The end-result? The most thorough array of casks made and collected by any craft distiller. These casks become the ingredients from which our award-winning American whiskey range is batched to create perfection. At Milam & Greene, we believe in education, transparency and using the best ingredients and people to create great whiskey.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Off Premise Texas State Chain Manager role reports to the EVP of Sales. This role will liaise directly with the major Texas retail chains as well as some of the smaller regional chains. This person should develop strong relationships with our distributor partner. Will need to travel to chain headquarter calls located throughout the state of Texas. This person will be responsible for delivering the budgets and chain volume in aggregate as part of the fiscal year planning process. Some of the aspects of job are included below.
• Sell in new placements and expand distribution of Milam & Greene whiskey to multi-unit, off premise chain accounts in Texas
• Develop, sell, and implement custom created promotional programs to listed off premise accounts
• Work with EVP of Sales to meet sales and distribution of annual business plans
• Plan/develop programming with chain accounts and communicate in detail from start to finish with the M&G leadership team and distributor partners to ensure execution
• Manage budget allocations against account plans and retail budget in order to maximize sales goals
• Build annual executional programming plan
• Develop strong customer relationships with retailers and SGWS while providing thought leadership and insight on industry/category dynamics.
• Regular in-market work to both evaluate the effectiveness of our plans and to identify opportunities that enable us to deliver sales targets for chains in Texas
• Manage fiscal year plans across major chains as well as any other smaller chains that we determine are needed in market
• Monitor field implementation and execution of programs within assigned accounts to ensure product pricing and promotion.
• Develop an Excel based Program Calendar to track program windows, activity, price promotion and demos as a historical record for future year plans
• Must be in market 4 days per week chains and independent accounts
• Must manage online/digital and other programs with marketing team: make sure pricing, pictures and stock is accurately reflected
• Must liaise with distributor chain marketing teams to make sure the brand is represented in the right marketing opportunities within budget: charities, gift guides, local advertising, in-store programs, and tasting events
• Communicate all marketing programs, press, and other news to chain stakeholders
• Manage all tasting agencies aligned with budget and timing of programs
• Host key stakeholders at distillery home 5-6x per year
• Manage barrel picks with chains