About The Position
Harmless Harvest envisions a world where nutritious, clean, organic and healthy food and beverages are the standard rather than the exception; where all people involved in creating the product are treated with fairness; and the planet is treated harmlessly. We are focused on changing the world, and we are always looking for like-minded, wildly passionate individuals to help us do this. Join the #HarmlessMovement
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager to join the Harmless Harvest Team and represent us in one of our key developing markets. This position focuses on driving trial, brand recognition and increasing sales at store level by creating amazing relationships and evangelizing our brand. You will lead driving new business in assigned regional accounts and store-by-store sales to increase distribution of our leading velocity core coconut water skus as well as exciting new products. Success in this role will come from prioritizing your time visiting stores to focus on the highest impact areas, partnering with brokers, distributors and DSDs in your market, account promotional planning, attending calls, ride-a-longs, analyzing data and more. You’ll be opening new doors and driving velocities, secondary placements, and innovation in existing accounts. If you are looking to work for an inspiring and growing brand, develop your sales acumen and have an opportunity for personal growth and development, this is a great role for you.
- Deliver on monthly volume and distribution goals and achieve overall sales in your market.
- Manage assigned regional chain retailers: establish promotion calendars, new items, and retail programs.
- Plan out and prioritize weekly strategies to optimize time in the field: hit required accounts daily to close voids, increase shelf presence, and take reorders from store managers.
- Ensure execution of new product launches, promotions, and secondary placements.
- Build and maintain relationships with buyers at store level.
- Gain additional placement within accounts, including secondary points of purchase and cooler placement.
- Ensure marketplace execution of Retail programs.
- Daily communication with manager via digital store visit platforms. Attend weekly calls with manager, monthly team calls and provide monthly recaps. Provide market level insights including customer and consumer feedback, competitive activity, and market successes as needed.
- Assist Regional Account Manager to meet distribution and velocity goals.
- Manage partnerships with distributors, brokers, and retailers in the in your market.
- Approximately 80% of your time in the field visiting accounts.
What You'll Bring:
- 1-3 years’ experience in Sales or Marketing and a passion for CPG sales
- Passion for the Harmless Harvest brand and desire to make an impact.
- Competitive, self-starter who is highly motivated to achieve goals.
- Strong planning, organization, and project management skills, along with excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to move fast and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Curiosity to understand our customers, with a strong motivation for out to better reach our consumers.
- Clean driver’s license, reliable transportation and proof of insurance is required.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs., load, set up, execute and tear down promotional items. The employee is regularly required to stand, kneel, walk distances of ½ mile at a time
*Harmless Harvest is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Harmless Harvest via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Harmless Harvest. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Harmless Harvest as a result of the referral or through other means.