Forum Brands is the world's most advanced e-commerce operating platform. Using its proprietary brand management technology and SEAL (Source, Evaluate, Accelerate, Lead) system, Forum acquires Amazon brands in categories that consumers love and builds them into omnichannel leaders. We've built a diverse team, with a differentiated set of experience across digital marketplaces, consumer brands, eCommerce technology, and investing. We're backed by world-class investors including Norwest Venture Partners
, TriplePoint Capital
, and Concrete Rose
We're looking for a Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Associate
to own the procurement and purchasing functions for our acquired brands. Your job will be to lead strategic sourcing initiatives, develop & manage supplier partnerships, drive total cost and quality improvements within the supply base, identify risk mitigation opportunities and support supplier negotiations.NOTE
: This role is based in NYC. Forum Brands operates a flexible, hybrid office policy in which employees are expected to be in-person at least three days per week.*What you'll do:
Specific ownership of initiatives and day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage the supply base to ensure alignment with Forum's quality standards, product requirements and supply chain model
- Identify opportunities across brands to improve cost and reduce supply chain risk
- Work cross functionally to manage and place purchase orders with existing suppliers
- Measure and improve supplier lead times, reduce operational defects, and improve systems to streamline operations between suppliers and Forum Brands
- Drive root cause analysis/reporting on supplier operational issues, develop action plans and project manage improvements.
- Partner with internal teams to develop tools, automation, and process improvements that improve purchasing and supplier management workflows
- Manage and seek out new relationships with suppliers to ensure a reliable and operationally effective flow of goods
Bonus points if you...
- Experience managing supplier relationships in Asia (3+ years experience preferred).
- Experience working cross-functionally and/or in matrixed organizations
You'll thrive at Forum by:
- Speak Mandarin or have experience working directly with Chinese manufacturers
- Have an attitude that "everything is negotiable."
- Acting like an owner. You take pride in, and accountability for, results. No problem is too big, too small, or too outside of your scope to jump in and help
- Seeking objective truths. You execute using facts, not reasons. You ask questions and push the boundaries on what you believe to be true
- Applying structured thinking. You think in terms of scalable processes. You can define a long-term vision based on many moving parts, and build the infrastructure to get there
- Arriving as you are. You show up as your authentic self and celebrate that of others while looking for ways to create an inclusive environment. The best ideas win, regardless of who they come from
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous healthcare stipend
- 401K match
- Paid Family Leave
- Free access to Calm and TalkSpace
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible hybrid work schedule
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks, beverages and more!)
We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the opportunity to excel. We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and in ecommerce overall, and we're devoted to hiring and cultivating diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
As an equal opportunity employer, all aspects of employment with Forum Brands Inc. including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, performance, and business needs. Forum Brands, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
*Forum Brands has a strong commitment to ensuring the health and safety of our team. Under our COVID mitigation protocols and the NYC Workplace Vaccination Requirements, all employees must be fully vaccinated upon commencing employment, subject to legally required exemption.