With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.SUMMARY
Maximizes the sale and distribution of Gallo brands in Retail accounts by executing sales/marketing strategies and the annual sales plan. Understands distributor deal structures and competitive pricing to identify issues, and shares with management opportunities observed in the accounts, and overall re: market conditions. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES QUALIFICATIONS
- Works with distributor personal (i.e., Reps, DMs, AMs) in accounts to execute monthly programs close gaps, and deliver points of distribution: 80% of time.
- Strategically plans time each month to maximize sales and grow Gallo brands (i.e., all distributors, reps, brands, accounts, etc. are not treated equally).
- Makes choice-ful decisions when working with distributor personnel. Recognizes opportunities and re-allocates time strategically toward highest opportunity, pivoting between motivating, training, supporting close of sales gaps, etc. as appropriate, based on business performance, time of the month, opportunities in the account and needs of the rep.
- Directly monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives.
- Trains and coaches distributor sales representatives and district managers in relevant retail divisions.
- Marketing intelligence gathering: reviews market, product performance, and other sales related data. Identifies and shares with management market, competitive and brand opportunities to further Gallo sales, such as pricing opportunities or issues vs. competitors.
- Assists State Manager in ensuring retail prices are consistent with state brand guidance.
- Assists with recruiting efforts in key Universities, as/if directed.
- Motivates distributor management and sales people (Kick offs, new program introductions, and crew drives) to maximize the sale and distribution of Gallo brands.
- Coordinates with the local Shopper Marketing team to ensure relevant materials are available to activate locally in market.
- Reinforces periodic local/regional communication on Gallo standards.
- Coordinates activities with other winery support areas within the market (customer development, channel marketing, shopper marketing, sales finance, direct to consumer, specialists, etc.).
- Demonstrates innovation and entrepreneurial mindset -adopt change and act in future-focused way.
- Engages accounts and distributor personnel to ensure all e-Retail opportunities in marketplace are maximized.
- Supports commercialization of digital marketing programs.
- Leverages technology (e.g., Account 360) and digital assets in order to monitor performance, identify opportunities, direct the action of distributor personnel, make decisions, identify exceptions, etc.
- Supports sales specialists and cross functional partners with identification and activation of consumer engagement initiatives and event execution.
- Makes sound business decisions and optimizes resource allocation based on business trends, data, growth opportunities, etc.
- Acts as a Gallo Ambassador, advocating for our brands, including hosting events, leveraging social media and other tools to promote for Gallo sales within his/her community.
- Negotiates monthly objectives, sales incentives, with distributor leadership on behalf of Gallo Winery.
- Develops positive working relationships with all levels of accounts, distributor management and distributor personnel.
- Controls and monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc.).
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Bachelor's degree plus 2 years of distributor sales reflecting increasing levels of responsibility OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of CPG experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
- Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
- Required to travel by air and car in order to execute job functions.
- Required to see, taste, and smell wine and perform wine tastings as part of job functions.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Required to travel by air and automobile up to 25% during the course of business.
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership selling, time management, public speaking skills.
- Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of Gallo Winery or affiliated distributor sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience selling or marketing Gallo brands.
- Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
- Experience addressing customer needs a primary focus of one's actions; experience building positive relationships with customers (translates as both internal and external).
- Skilled in monitoring the results of multiple assignments and projects.
- Experience establishing action plans for oneself and others to ensure tasks and projects are completed on time.
- Skilled in anticipating future consequences and trends accurately, can create competitive strategies and plans.
- Skilled in commanding presence, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or a group.
- Experience adapting presentation strategies to suit the needs of the audience and the situation; skilled in clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media that engages and inspires.
- Experience taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Experience setting high standards of performance for self and others; experience implementing standards of excellence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Posting ID: 69781
#LI-DNP Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.