With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Commerce Programming Manager you will utilizes your skills and knowledge of platform internals to support eCommerce. You will work closely with various cross-functional partners such as product/project managers, Business Users and Developers to provide technical solutioning ideas, design and development support that help accelerate our eCommerce roadmap while allowing for platform scalability, performance and growth. What You Will Do:
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates business programming applications activities for the e-Commerce business unit & Tasting Room systems.
- Prepares and presents activities and progress reports regarding the department's projects and ongoing operations.
- Researches platform capabilities for new systems/applications or revisions to existing systems/applications.
- Reviews and analyzes existing applications and system effectiveness and efficiency and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Engages with cross-functional partners and business stakeholders as it relates to system capability, design and solutioning options.
- Works with project managers to develop cost estimates, budgets, and schedules.
- Drive continual site performance initiatives, and manages site health monitoring and resolution.
- Ensures constant accuracy, availability, and reliability of the Gallo eCommerce websites.
- Executes the strategic solution architecture and deployment options in Retail Customer Experience & eCommerce portfolios.
- Works with the Development team to ensure technical requirements and design are understood and best practices are followed for functionality, performance, and security.
- Manages the planning and development of new and existing business applications/systems including, coding, testing, debugging, documenting, maintenance and installation.
- Manage the development and deployment of functionality on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud (SFCC) and contribute to the overall architecture of the eCommerce landscape.
- Supports a team of e-commerce developers, balancing demands of daily support with the needs of strategic projects.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key business stakeholders to ensure the e-commerce team's projects stay aligned with the needs of the business.
- Participates in the creation of a 3-5 year application roadmap.
- Acts as a liaison with information systems department staff and other departments to coordinate activities.
- Ensures that IS support activities are monitored, logged, tracked and resolved appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Consults and interfaces with information systems personnel, vendors, customers, and management in coordinating hardware, software and system capabilities.
- Keeps abreast of technological changes and innovations in the information business applications/systems field and provides technical support and direction.
- Implements a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills and business case development.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization while utilizing Agile methodology and other lean methods.
- Accountable for adherence to budgets, managing T&E, and may develop the operating budget and capital spending plan.
- Mitigates risk in areas such as data, disaster recover, separation of duties, single point of failure, SOX, and IP issues.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
What You Will Need:
- Develops, coaches and mentors peers, indirect and subordinate staff.
- If accountable for the work of others, conducts performance evaluations; reviews and communicates salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, MIS, mathematics, or engineering plus 5 years of information technology/systems experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility to include experience in Enterprise E-commerce platforms and tools (SFCC, Demandware).
- Experience in Salesforce Commerce Cloud (aka Demandware) development and implementations of SDLC framework.
- Detailed understanding of end-to-end eCommerce processes, including website infrastructure, content management, product attribution, and customer-facing functionality.
- 5 years of experience in Commerce Cloud (aka Demandware) platform capabilities, architecture, design and development.
- Experience managing a Java based development team.
- SFCC Architect Certification.
- Extensive experience in integration, architecture, build and deployment utilities, and best coding and implementation practices on Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Knowledge of performance tools (i.e. Jmeter, Dynatrace, Load Runner, Load Complete).
- Experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Customer Data Platform and integrations with 1st Party Data and Third-Party Data strategies.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile, including experience working within an Agile and Hybrid software development life cycle.
- Able to execute hands-on design and development of feature capabilities, including setup configurations e.g. in Business Manager.
- Detailed understanding of front-end caching methodologies, CDNs, request-response flow from customer to origin source.
- Strong database (SQL Server, MySQL) SQLs skills to look up related data elements in related subsystems.
- Experienced in designing and tuning for page performance and knowledge of secure development practices.
- Expertise with Salesforce OMS. (Order Management Systems)
- Able to troubleshoot site issues, use various tools, commercial or open-source to trace analyze and resolve issues.
- Ability to drive business solutions though leadership skills and proactive approach.
- Skilled in effectively presenting ideas to Senior Management via discussions and presentations.
- Skilled in resolving conflict as well as managing customer expectations.
To view a full job description, please click here .
Job ID: 70505
INF001Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.