Dole Packaged Foods is a purpose led health and wellness organization that "champions a more equitable world." A world where everyone has the right to nutrition from the goodness of the earth and we reduce these gaps, one action at a time.
The Human Resources Generalist is accountable for delivering human resources support for a new frozen fruit manufacturing facility for Dole Packaged Foods. This is a hands-on HR position supporting the manufacturing plant of approximately 100 employees through partnering and driving the implementation of HR processes and initiatives throughout the plant promoting a results oriented and performance driven culture. This position will be responsible for plant employee relations, employment / recruiting and staffing, onboarding, records administration, performance management and training, and other various HR functions. The position will also support wage, salary, and benefit administration functions.
This role reports into the Manufacturing Human Resources Manager, based in California with a dotted line to plant management. Responsibilities
- Partner with HR and Plant management to recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified candidates into open positions. Partner with staffing agencies to ensure adequate staffing to support plant production.
- Oversee the processing of all employment paperwork to include applicable background screening and other pre-employment activities
- Reviews, tracks and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Full ownership of new hire orientation and onboarding activities, including utilizing iCIMS onboarding platform, submitting IT help desk tickets, to assure a smooth transition to the organization; and presenting various new hire orientation topics (company policies, benefits, etc.)
- Support employees and management with various employee relations matters including, disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; disciplinary matters; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Serve as point of contact for employees regarding benefits and leave of absence questions; Coordinate leave requests and work with third-party administrator
- Provide benefit program support with communications and other activities during open enrollment period, new hire orientation, etc
- Coordinate various HR responsibilities with outside vendors, including unemployment claims and employment verifications
- Audit, maintain and update timekeeping records to ensure compliance and accuracy according to company policy, processes and procedures; completes and submits all employee status changes for payroll, benefit, leave of absence and other related data according to company policy, processes and procedures
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance; maintains employee confidence and protects all employee related data in compliance with confidentiality and privacy laws
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Other duties as assigned
Experience, Knowledge, & Skills You Bring:
- 3-5 years of human resources experience
- Hands on experience utilizing a variety of HR systems (Applicant Tracking Systems, HRIS, Timekeeping, etc.)
- Solid understanding of general HR practices and employment regulations
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Passionate about a purpose driven career
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Education & Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required
- SHRM-CP and/or PHR certifications a plus
- Ability to sit and use the computer for extended periods of time; ability to answer phones and use a variety of office equipment; ability to lift 15 pounds and reach overhead. Ability to navigate and access areas within manufacturing plant environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
- Occasional travel may be required