The primary responsibility for this position is to handle fruit products by dumping, moving and stacking cases and filling drums within the plant. Clean up tasks may be required as needed. This is a variable job with on-call status throughout the year as needed. Responsibilities
- Responsible to comply with all Quality and Food Safety Management standards and/or systems to ensure continual improvement and effectiveness of the Food Safety Management System.
- Follow all GMP's (good manufacturing practices) and HACCP (hazard analysis critical control points) set for by the company.
- Comply with all Safety Standards, rules and regulations.
- Follow all SOP's (standard operating procedures) for the operation of the equipment you will be using.
- Will perform a variety of production tasks: including lifting, stacking, dumping, pushing and pulling of frozen fruit boxes.
- Notify supervisor immediately of any unsafe work conditions.
- Affix drum liner, lid, ring, nuts, bolts & metal strapping on all filled drums.
- Must be able to understand and carry out instructions regarding the job and safety procedures.
- Must be able to work any shift including weekends
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a teamwork environment
- Prior working experience in a Food Manufacturing setting preferred
- Reliable attendance is an essential function of the job
- Variable Shift Requirements - you MUST be available to work as needed in all Plant locations without exception to include, Consumer Pack, Pre-Mix, Plant I, Plant II to include all IQF areas, Resort, Shelf-Stable, Tub & Cup, Puree, Special Projects (Room #1)
Employment is contingent upon drug screen, background verification and skills test required for some positions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.