Job Details Job Location
: HQ - Stamford, CT Salary Range
: Undisclosed CHEERS!
Founded in 1981, Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits is a family-owned business working with other family-owned and people-oriented businesses to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major Appellations all over the world. With our headquarters in Stamford, CT, DFWS has grown to become the fourth largest Wine and Spirits company, by far the fastest growing in our industry. With our family values and unique culture, DFWS was recognized as one of the Top Work Places to Work by multiple outlets in 2021 and 2022.
Deutsch Family Wine and Spirts is seeking a Financial Analyst to join its FP&A Brand Team. The FP&A Brand team are business partners to the Marketing team and provide them with financial reporting, analysis and insights to improve the brands financial performance. The FP&A Brand team is responsible for P&L management of a portfolio of 25 wines and spirits brands that generate $1B in revenue. The FP&A Brand Team is part of a broader Finance Organization at the company that consists of Revenue Management, Commercial Finance, Strategy, and M&A.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Finance, MBA a strong plus
- Must have experience in financial analysis/planning; CPG experience preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High learning agility
- Must be adept at managing multiple priorities in a dynamic environment
- Must be a self-motivated individual with the ability to identify issues/opportunities for improvement and be proactive in addressing them
- Advanced analytical mind to synthesize data and develop innovative solutions and recommendations to provide to senior leaders
- Strong interpersonal skills to interface with senior leaders and discuss issues and plans
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process for its own portfolio of brands including preparation of brand P&Ls and performing analysis related to all measures: Volume, Mix, Revenue, Costs, and Marketing Expenditures
- Perform ROI analysis on investment spending and provide recommendations to CFO & FP&A Senior Director for consideration
- Conduct regular gross profit and spending reviews to identify all risks and opportunities. Present findings and recommendations to senior management
- Track, analyze, and assist in managing Brand Spending/Programming
- Perform month end/year end close responsibilities including preparation and tracking of accruals and analysis of actual results versus budget
- Key FP&A contributor to the month end close process including submitting close journal entries and reclasses, preparing account reconciliations, and investigating variances to the latest forecast and prior year
- Ad hoc analysis to assist management in the strategic decision-making process
DFWS is committed to inclusion and diversity of all kinds. We cultivate a work environment that celebrates diversity because differences continue to make the company culture stronger, enhance our connection with the communities we serve and strengthen our competitive advantage. Building an inclusive and diverse culture continues to be a never-ending pursuit that is at the core of all we do. About Deutsch Family Wine & Spirits
Initially called W.J. Deutsch & Sons Ltd., the company was founded in 1981 by Chairman Bill Deutsch to market quality wines produced by prestigious families from major wine regions of the world. In 2009, it announced the expansion of the award-winning company to include a Spirits Portfolio. Today the company is renowned for its brand-building prowess and its ability to meet the needs of the modern consumer. Bill's son Peter Deutsch is CEO; thus two generations of the Deutsch family work side by side in their continuous quest to build strong brands and relationships throughout the wine and spirits industry.
The portfolio includes award-winning wines from Australia: [ yellow tail ], [ yellow tail ] Pure Bright; California: Bellacosa, Girard Winery, Joseph Carr, Josh Cellars, Josh Cellars Reserve, Layer Cake, The Calling; France: Andre Lurton, Cave de Lugny, Fleurs de Prairie, Hob Nob Vineyards, Sauvion et Fils; Italy: Barone Fini, Villa Pozzi; New Zealand: The Crossings; Portugal: Quinta Do Vale Meao; Argentina: Clos de los Siete; and award-winning spirits: Redemption Whiskey, Bib & Tucker Bourbon, Masterson's Rye, Gray Whale Gin and Luksusowa Vodka. www.deutschfamily.com