At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. Our employees enjoy competitive pay and industry-leading benefits (including flexible (unlimited) time off and up to 26 weeks paid parental leave), and share a common mission and culture committed to both business results and social purpose. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food
.All internal candidates will need to obtain approval from hiring manager and HRBP. This is required prior to applying for the role.
Danone North America is looking for a Sanitation Supervisor - COI in City of Industry, CA manufacturing facility. Position Summary
TheSanitation Supervisorwill direct and manage all plant sanitation activities, including leading the team in ensuring the cleaning and sanitizing of the equipment, production floor, and general areas. They will lead, develop, and coach all members of the Operations Department to ensure proper cleaning and sanitizing procedures are followed at all times. Summary of Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Implement Sanitation assurance initiatives (Master Sanitation Schedules), effective pest control programs,NEPTUNE methodologyfor evaluation of CIP effectiveness and change management control for any design equipment changes.
- Set standards for maintaining CIP equipment effectiveness, sanitation assurance, sanitation PM, continuous improvement and cost optimization programs in accordance to NEPTUNE guidelines.
- Support / manage plant sanitation in the effective use of chemicals, COP and CIP cleaning processes, dry sanitation processes, environmental sanitation and sanitary design (3A).
- Collaborate with other support functions (Engineering, Operations, R+D, Design Quality and Technical Services) in engineering projects to ensure sanitary design objectives have been met.
- Oversees environmental programs (pathogens / air / utilities / MSS).
- Responsible for training and education of plant operations team to ensure correct application of sanitation standards.
- Implement, support and maintain sanitation management systems, continuous improvement programs, food safety and preventative sanitation / maintenance programs
- Serves as a Sanitation expert, providing guidance and technical support to operations teams in the area of sanitation (including MSS), pest control, pathogen / environmental control programs, new equipment installation or construction changes and other food safety or quality initiatives.
- Participate in Sanitation/GMP Audit
- Bachelors degree ina technical discipline required.
- 2-4 years prior Quality Assurance experience in food manufacturing. Prior experience in Dairy manufacturing preferred.
- Understanding of plant production systems, FSMA, SQF, GMP, HACCP, sanitation, plant safety, quality systems, kosher and organic regulations
- Ability to write reports, and standard operating procedures
- Proven competency in supervisory activities which require conflict management, developing subordinates, directing subordinates, managing and measuring performance, motivating, building team spirit and morale, and understanding diverse viewpoints
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in all phases of sanitation, facility upkeep, equipment sanitation/maintenance to include: chemicals, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical, building maintenance, wastewater treatment, and State and Federal sanitation requirements.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, supervisors, and suppliers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Experience reviewing and interpreting documents such as CAD drawings, operating and equipment instructions, and procedure manual
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf