Danone North America is the largest Benefit Corporation in the world. Our mission is to bring health through food to as many people as possible.
Danone North America is looking for a Blender Operator - Bridgeton in Bridgeton, NJ. JOB DESCRIPTION Job Summary:
The purpose of this position is to ensure optimum quality products by mixing products to specifications, following formulas and procedures, to guarantee uniformity. Establish the required quantities and availability of materials needed to meet demands. Responsible for the normal operation of the blending equipment which includes monitoring of temperatures, levels of product, using CIP system for sanitation and informing management of any issues or problems. This position is responsible for replenishment of all Silk ingredients. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Communicate with Blenders of previous shifts, regarding current activities in progress before resuming the mixing procedures
- Procures daily ingredient usage from warehouse at beginning of workday
- Efficiently operates all mix room equipment as needed
- Lifts ingredients, (weighing up to 50lbs.) for loading into blenders, or tanks
- Monitor product levels (to avoid overflow) via computer
- Hand pump flavor liquids from 50 gal. drum to mix in Batch Tank
- Check blend for right solids on CEM machine to make sure the levels are accurate
- Able to CIP Soy lines, batching lines, and mix tanks
- Check Batch tank temperature constantly for normalcy
- Conduct PH, Caustic, and Acid tests for properly cleaning of tanks then document results
- Maintain clean and safe working environment (scrub down pipes, breddo and room)
- CIP Reclaim tanks and wash outside of tank if needed
- Must attend daily shift meeting
To perform the duties of this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Must be able to pass required test. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required; one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Previous experience in Manufacturing/Production environment preferred. OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITITES:
- Must have a basic knowledge of computers, SAP experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of CIP and cleaning processes and procedures.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self motivated and be able to effectively handle multiple tasks (simultaneously) in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- A keen attention to detail is essential
- Must possess the ability to organize, and control processes and programs
- Must have effective interpersonal skills and be team oriented
- Available and willing to be contacted by phone in the event of an emergency and be able to work flexible schedules including weekends, late shifts, night shift, holidays and overtime as needed.
Ability to read, write and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedures manuals. Ability to read, comprehend and follow simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, and small group situations, to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Ability to hear and perceive information at normal spoke word levels. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. REASONING ABILITY:
Must have the ability to apply commonsense and understanding when carrying out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Must have the ability to prioritize and organize.
Must have the ability to demonstrate superb decision-making skills to determine the best course of action when performing the responsibilities of the job
Must demonstrate the ability to identify potential challenges with the process and when to notify the chain of command to prevent process failures PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The position requires manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination to run processing equipment. Normal range of hearing and vision is required.
There is occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds.
The position is exposed to machines, chemicals and solvents. Must be able to operate simple and, or complex heavy-duty machinery.
Requires working in areas that are not ventilated or air-conditioned. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The noise level in the work environment requires mandatory hearing protection
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices in White Plains, NY and Broomfield, CO. For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf