About The Position
Cutwater is looking to add to our dauntless crew in San Diego. We’re searching for spirited storytellers and innovators who are dedicated, passionate, and enjoy working hard while having fun. We invite you to join our journey.
Cutwater Spirits is currently hiring a Maintenance Tech III/Lead – Second Shift
to join our growing team. If you think you have what it takes to be our Maintenance Lead, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our new Maintenance Tech III/Lead – Second Shift will be accountable for all distillery, warehouse, and restaurant/kitchen maintenance objectives. These objectives include corrective and preventative maintenance, spare parts, overall equipment reliability, and safety. This position is responsible for asset reliability, and for coordinating, planning and timely completion of all maintenance activities. They set the parameters for daily responsibilities and activities of the Maintenance Technicians. This position works autonomously under the general loose direction of the Vice President of Operations. This leadership position is essential for the Cutwater Spirits to operate at the desired level.
Daily Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
- Manage plant-wide maintenance maximizing asset reliability, uptime, and cost effectiveness with available resources improving overall equipment efficiency.
- Maintain a clean and organized shop floor, welding area, and spare parts area while ensuring all equipment is properly maintained.
- Provide direct supervision and/or labor, technical direction, administrative support, and leadership for the Maintenance team.
- Orchestrate and participate in activities to further drive technical efficiencies of existing organizational processes.
- Promote a positive, proactive safety culture and ensure compliance with safety and environmental standards.
- Build planned and preventative maintenance schedules for all distillery/warehouse and restaurant/kitchen assets.
- Implement team accountability and work order performance tools to deliver optimal asset uptime.
- Annually review recommended spare parts list for all assets, and build a critical spare parts inventory.
- Owns daily and weekly work order planning, assignment and weekly work order review at production meetings.
- Owns maintenance team schedule and coverage planning.
- Responds to emergency maintenance calls.
- Embraces and fulfills the core values and culture of Cutwater Spirits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work takes place in cold, hot, wet, humid, and loud environment for long periods.
- Requires frequent operation of a variety of machines/equipment/tools.
- Conducts work in a standing position primarily; however, job requires sitting, walking, stooping, bending, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Work often takes place at high elevations utilizing a lift.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understands and employs a Safety-First approach.
- Establish, maintain and foster cooperative working relations with others from diverse backgrounds effectively and with courtesy.
- Good mechanical aptitude and effective use of hand tools.
- Ability to utilize all math skills, such as basic math, geometry and algebra to complete necessary job tasks.
- Reads and understands electrical, equipment manuals, pneumatic schematics as well as mechanical drawings.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Abide by all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies.
- Ability to train and hold team accountable on basic maintenance safety procedures.
- Computer skills (MS Windows Platform, MS Outlook for email)
- Electrical construction, including conduit
- Advanced troubleshooting and calibrating AC & DC drives
- Advanced troubleshooting and networking PLC programming
- Advanced troubleshooting ladder and PLC logic
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Mechanical skills including gearboxes, high-speed conveyors, bearings, mechanical seals, timing systems, pumps, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- Experience with pipefitting, stainless welding, and component fabrication.
- Demonstrated competency with maintenance of distilling systems and supporting equipment, packaging systems and supporting equipment, general craftsmanship and quality maintenance practices.
- Advanced forklift and scissor lift experience.
- Excellent attention to detail, follow through, and commitment to quality.
- Proven ability to provide clear, constructive feedback to team.
- Proven ability to prioritize and delegate work under constantly shifting business needs.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules to meet deadlines (including second shift 2pm-10:30pm)
- Must be 21 years of age, have a valid driver’s license and safe driving record
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering discipline or related field, or combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years maintenance experience in a production and/or manufacturing facility, or at least 2 years as a Maintenance Technician II at Cutwater Spirits.
- 5+ years experience in operation of some power-driven equipment.
- Boiler Maintenance and Operations Certified, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MMS (Preventative Maintenance Software), preferred.
Cutwater Spirits offers competitive pay, benefits and a fantastic work environment. Compensation package includes paid time off, holidays, and ability to participate in company benefit programs (health, dental, vision, life, disability, FSA and 401k).
If you are a smart, dedicated person that gets excited about keeping the facility running smooth, this might be the right position for you.
Offers of employment with Cutwater Spirits are contingent upon successfully passing a background check including an education verification (must meet requirements of job posting), prior/current employment verification, and verification of a clean driving record. In addition, some roles require the successful completion of a 4-panel pre-employment drug screen. Pre-employment Drug Screening does not include marijuana.