About The Position
The Director of Marketing/New Products will oversee all aspects of new products marketing, including leading the creative teams in development and execution of brand strategy, marketing communication, and consumer/trade promotions.
The Director of Marketing/New Products will oversee all aspects of new products marketing, including leading the creative teams in development and execution of brand strategy, marketing communication, and consumer/trade promotions. The ideal candidate will have the ability to think strategically about brand architecture, consumer targeting, positioning, and trade marketing while also having the ability to identify future trends and opportunities. All aspects of new product development are required, from concept to product launch and marketing plan implementation are required.
Strategy/Planning and Implementation
- Develop the strategic brand framework and architecture– brand positioning, consumer target & activation platform – to drive consumer demand through marketing and communication plans
- Collaborate with cross functional business teams to deliver brand P&L targets and KPI’s
- Drive the delivery of the brand’s long-term vision through the brand’s strategic planning process
- Identify brand mix, pricing, priority market, customer and channel strategies to deliver growth
- Create and implement marketing programs that increase brand awareness and market share by leveraging available resources, working closely with sales management
- Lead strategic allocation of marketing budget and balancing expenditures against volume and profitability expectations
- Assist in ecommerce activity to extract consumer insights and grow online sales volume
Insights and Innovation
- Identify and understand what the brand stands for in the hearts and minds of consumers including brand identity, essence, vision, mission and core values to drive relevant communications and innovation
- Maintain a pulse on current trends, finding gaps in unmet needs to identify market opportunities and develop consumer driven innovation initiatives
- Collaborate with cross-functional and external experts to generate, vet, and select winning innovation platforms and ideas
- The ability to be creative and innovative in all aspects of new product development; package and graphic development, market strategy, product strategy and brand development
- Lead internal/external team by providing the necessary direction, motivation and creative input in order to be successful regarding new projects
- Communicate with cross functional executive team to collectively make decisions that set direction for the overall company
- Coordinate with Otsuka to leverage and share resources and information to efficiently move the company forward
Requires a four-year college or university degree or its equivalent. An MBA is preferred.
- Requires five plus years’ experience in consumer product industry, beverage/food experience preferred
- Comprehensive consumer packaged goods experience with proven track record of successful new product launches and executing marketing plans from conception to implementation
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and communicate a compelling vision and direction for the marketing team while aligning with the rest of the Company
- A skilled problem solver to lead decision-making and execution to the appropriate levels of the organization.
- Outside-the-box, creative thinker to bring new ideas to the marketplace
- Analyze IRI or Nielsen data to understand the market and utilize the information to create plans that grow case sales
- Strong management, communication, organization, and leadership skills. Capable of managing an internal and external team that will produce exceptional results.
General office environment, ability to sit for long periods of time. Ability to move about an office.
Exposure to disagreeable elements is negligible.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The incumbent has indirect supervisory responsibility with the possibility with direct management at a future date